Thursday, February 7, 2008

Twins ARRIVE!

Easton Troy and Layla Rae were born at 11:50 AM this morning! Kendra and both babies are safe and resting well. No complications and nothing but smiles for grandparents and us.


This is the most incredible experience I've ever witnessed and it was double the fun. It has been an excellent day for everyone including the grandparents who have been so involved and enjoyable.


Easton is 6 lbs 12 oz. and 20" long and looks a lot like me already (except he has a square head)! Layla is 5 lbs 3 oz. and 18" long and is already is looking at my face with her big eyes and making me cry. They both have a little dark curly hair under their hats.

I hadn't had any food since lunch so the grandparents brought back some Jack-in-the-box for me and I was starving! Kendra on the other hand, had some nausea and is still not allowed to drink or eat anything other than water. I tried my hardest not to talk about how good the sourdough Jack sandwich tasted as she laid there in bed with a cold, wet washcloth on her forehead.

There is no wifi in the hospital room, but I'll post some more pictures later this evening when i can come back down to the visitor center.

Well, i can't stand being away from my new babies any more, so I'll sign off by thanking everyone for your prayers. The entire process went exactly according to plan and turned out to be better than i could have even asked. Kendra sends her love and is already being a wonderful mother to our kids.

4 comments:

aunt joanie said...

How precious! They are just adorable, bundled up together. I remember seeing Baby Bronson and yes, Easton looks like you! Enjoy every amazing moment of this experience. I can hardly wait to kiss their little cheeks.
Aunt Joanie

Szolusha said...

Yeah!!!! I am so glad that Kendra and the little ones are safe. I will be able to sleep well tonight. I am sure the two of you will too.

Love you, Bri

colej2 said...

Congrats! Let me know when we can come for a visit. -Judson & HEidi

Anonymous said...

Bronson you are just beginning to understand the depth of a father’s love. Don’t ever let them to feel disconnected from you, - ever feel alone, - or ever feel they aren’t good enough. Apologize for your mistakes fore you will make some, and love them regardless. Fatherhood is a big responsibility but have Fun with it also.
We love you so much, Aunt Mary and Uncle Dave