Monday, February 18, 2008

Blog Entry from Grandpa Burgess

Here is the blog entry Grandpa Burgess sent for me to post on his behalf:

It was asked of me to put together an entry for the blog. So here goes! First a disclaimer, the word "great" was stated somewhere in Bronson's blog in reference to me. Now it's not that I don't appreciate the kudos, Bronson, "kissing up" is no longer needed after 5 years of marriage and now two gorgeous babies.


When we face big events in our life we tend to prepare ourselves mentally, before the event happens, I know that we think about what it might be like, what are going to be, the good things that might happen, and those that might hurt us. I know that I'm not the only one that does this. So all this to say that as I prepared myself for the arrival of our first grandchildren I really came to the conclusion that loss of sleep and personal time was a given. Been there and done that 3 times, but what I was not ready for was the immediate tug on the heart strings. As a man we kind of learn to take things in stride then react as they come, but like babies that reach out and grab anything in their path, they reached out a grabbed my heart strings and I know will never let go. The overwhelming emotion kind of caught me by surprise. Thought I was prepared, but not even close.


I would like to congratulate Kendra and Bronson on becoming parents and I know that they would appreciate all the prayer they can get from all of us. Ginny and I have been praying for our grandchildren since the day we found out Kendra was pregnant so we know that Easton and Layla are going to be very special little ones. (Starting to sound like a proud grandfather, oh well!!) It is going to be fun to watch the babies grow and Kendra and Bronson grow into the parents that God has planned for them.


Kendra, Bronson, thank you for allowing Ginny and I the opportunity to laugh and serve you as you start off on the fantastic journey called parenthood. Strap yourselves in, it is a bumpy ride. Phil and Connie, thank you for sharing this experience with us. It was very special as I know that a lot of new parents do not get the support of their grandparents let alone two sets. Being with you and sharing the experience together made it a memorable experience I will never forget.


Easton and Layla, grandpa (Opa) loves you very much, go easy on mom and dad, they're learning!!

No comments: