Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Kendra's OB report

The big news of the day is that Kendra was cleared to resume "normal" activities by the OB. She said Kendra is healing really well and needs to "ease back into activities". Kendra's first response when I asked her how it went was, "let's go roller blading! Please, Please?!" I said NO and our parents join in to form a stereo concert of "no, that is not what the OB means by easing back into activities". And she is trying to convince me that she can start playing soccer again in 3 weeks... The crazy part is, she's determined enough to actually DO it, but I know it's not the best thing this early after having the twins...

Anyway, for lunch we all walked down the street (1 mile) to In-N-Out for burgers and fries! It was another pleasant sunny day so everyone was in shorts and flip-flops (traditional AZ wear). Everyone seemed to enjoy the walk and conversations while we sat at the outdoor table.

Today Easton found his thumb! I don't think it was on purpose really, but he has the sucking reflex down well. Kendra said I am "pushing it" as I sat close by with the camera focused on him waiting for the perfect photo opportunity to capture his big accomplishment. Well, I was able to capture it and think it turned out really well. Can you tell by his arm that he's really filling out?


Layla on the other hand won't unclench her fists long enough to find her thumb to suck on. However, she contorts her face in more ways than Jim Carrey during a stand-up routine so that is always fun to watch. She laid still for a few brief moments in her crib today and I just had to take a picture of that because she looks like such a little angel. Sweet, tiny Peanut...


Layla and Easton both had a great day today and therefore we all had a great day today also! Here are a few quotes on my mind today that I'll share in closing:

"The secret of success is to be ready for opportunity when it comes".
"To begin with the end in mind is the foundation of the accomplishment".
"Excellence is the result of striving each day to do better than the last".

No comments: