Thursday, March 6, 2008

The good, the bad, and the ugly

Greetings everyone,

Kendra, Easton, and Layla are all healthy and doing very well. That being said, it has been an interesting few days for all of us so far this week and the rest of it will be no exception.

The Good:
Nana Webb (my mom) is arriving on Sunday night! I'm excited to have her be a part of our family for as long as she wishes to stay and enjoy her being grandma in real life to the twins. In other good news, Kendra's cold was short-lived and she's back to happy and healthy mommy. Kendra and Oma Burgess took the twins to the mall yesterday and it was nice to get out and walk around. At least that's what Kendra said... I travelled home from Chicago yesterday and didn't get to enjoy the outing. Southwest overbooked my flight so I took their $370 voucher with the idea that Oma Burgess can use it to visit again sometime sooner than June! That leads me into the Bad...

The Bad:
Oma Burgess is flying home on Saturday and I'm sure that will be a difficult time for both of them since they've been able to be a part of each other's lives in such a direct day-to-day way as opposed to over the phone or skype.

The Ugly:
Uncle Dave passed away last week and I will be in Oklahoma for the next few days to prepare for and attend the memorial service. Kendra and I were both able to talk with him the night before his passing and he was comfortable and peaceful all the way to the end. Aunt Mary was by his side as he took his last breath and we are all grateful for the time we've had to prepare for this over the past few months. I am incredibly fulfilled that he was able to hold my two babies in his arms even though it was a only for a very short time. We are all going through the grieving process in a healthy way and appreciate your thoughts and support.

To finish the blog on a more sun-shiny note, Kendra and Oma took several good pictures over the past few days and I'll help her post the pictures along with her own blog comments, which she is writing during the day today.

No comments: