Monday, March 17, 2008

Jamocha Almond Fudge

Howdy folks,


Today brought plenty of shopping and sunshine on this near-perfect Arizona day. I spent the day at work (somebody's got to make a few bucks around here) and everyone else played with the babies and ran around town.

The grandmothers chipped in and bought us an ironing table. That's right... Kendra and I have been married for 5 YEARS and she's never ironed a single thing for us. OK, maybe I'm a chauvinistic pig, but my mom ironed everything for me all the way through college and I guess expectations were a bit out-of-whack. Oh, stop with your judgmental attitude and thinking, "Well, he can iron his SELF!" That's not the point. I forget the what point IS, but I have a whole row of clothes in my closet that haven't been worn in 5 years because they've been wrinkled. Geeze I'm stubborn. On the bright side, I hope to have a whole BUNCH of clothes to wear that haven't seen daylight in 5 years.

Anyway, enough of my rant for the night... Opa Burgess loved his bonding time with the twins while the women went shopping. He said it was fun and "no big deal". However, I'm sure he had his hands full and that' saying a lot considering how big his paws are as you can see here:


GG (Great Grandma) went to visit her long-time friend who lives in the next town over from us. On the way there something fell out of a truck in front of her on the highway. She ran over it and blew out a tire! Luckily there was a nice guy who stopped and helped put the spare on and we're happy to say that she and the car are fine.


Oma Burgess fixed her famous chicken enchiladas and we went out for ice cream (hence the title of the post) where Kendra celebrated her incredible weight-loss by treating herself to a couple of scoops of Jamocha Almond Fudge and some other multi-named concoction Baskin Robbins is famous for. We spent a long time just chatting and staring at the twins as they slept to the whirring hum of the many refrigerators running in the shop.



I'm heading over to my aunt and uncles for a full night of uninterrupted, silent, pitch-black sleep! Oma Burgess agreed to sleep in the bed with Kendra and help with changing and feeding during the night. I am ONE GRATEFUL SON-IN-LAW for her gift: the gift of sleep... AHHHhhhhh. My bottom lip is quivering and I'm on the verge of tears just thinking about how wonderful this night will be AND at the same time how much I'll miss sleeping next to Easton, Layla, and Kendra. Thank God for king sized beds, by the way...


Have a good night (I know I will). :)

No comments: