Friday, March 21, 2008

Four generations of ladies

Happy Friday to everyone!

I didn't get a chance to blog last night since things were so busy for work during the day and then home in the evening so I thought I'll get a post in this morning.

Yesterday we took time during lunch to get some everyone dressed up and snap a few pictures. In particular we wanted one of Layla, Kendra, Ginny, and Ellie (a.k.a. peanut, mommy, Oma, and GG respectively) while we have everyone at the same place at the same time. I think it turned out perfect and they have such great smiles.

We went out for pizza last night with the whole family and then watched NCAA basketball while passing the twins around the room between all of us. Layla and Easton are certainly not going without affection and I am very glad to have them be held so consistently. Everything I've read says you should hold the babies as much and often as possible for the first couple of months instead of letting them sit alone and cry their way through it to sooth themselves. That'll start in a couple of weeks so we don't create leeches that require holding 24X7 until they are 18 years old.

Anyway, a few of us went across the street to my Aunt Mary's house to simmer in her hot tub under the full moon. It was a great way to end the day because I collapsed into bed and was asleep before my blanket deflated from fluffing it as I eased in quietly next to Easton.

There were several good pics taken during yesterday's photo shoot so i'll space them out over the weekend, but here's a great one of Nana and I with the babies.


No comments: