Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Warming up around here...

Howdy folks,

It's finally getting to that time of the year that I enjoy so much.  High of 92 today made for perfect AZ weather!  Going out to the mailbox in my shorts and flip flops late at night is about as good as it gets.  I even take Layla or Easton with me sometimes, which proves how many things you can accomplish with just one hand when you really need to.  I was able to hold Easton and eat a hamburger while talking on the phone.  Probably not a good idea similar to driving and doing those same things, but i'm very careful and becoming a pro.  It also helps that the twins are able to hold their head up fairly well now.  I was always having to be so cautious for the past few weeks when shifting them around or leaning forward because their heads were like a bowling ball on top of a broomstick.

Kendra is going to the doctor tomorrow to fix a minor problem (not a big deal), but she's looking forward to the pain relief much more than the cure, which is painful itself.  Anyway, keep her in mind if you would because the Webb household will be a little crazier than normal (if there is such a place).  

Last night we had our new friends, Preston and Sara over with their daughter Audrey.  It was really enjoyable to hang out and get to know them.  They were able to relate to where we are in our baby stage and it was nice to hear a fresh perspective on what our twins will be like in a few months.  I hope we're able to spend more time with them and become better friends.  they live very close to us, which makes it much easier to develop a friendship. 


If you are a Laker-hater, then skip this paragraph...  :)  I'm a big Lakers fan and just have to take this brief moment to give a round of applause to my boys who are first in the Western Conference!  Yee haw!  I'm expecting them to lose in the second round because most of them have limited playoff experience, but let me just take a deep breath and smile as I take in the 15 seconds of glory.  I'm looking for a tiny Lakers outfit for Easton, so if any of you know where i might be able to find one, let me know!

Tonight I sat down to do a little reading on my laptop for work and had Easton in my arms as he drifted off to LaLa land.  I took a picture that turned out fuzzy and hard to see because I didn't want the flash to wake him up so I turned it off.  However, I think it captured the scene well though because it is my point of view for what I sat here and stared at for minutes at a time while i pondered life and having a son.   Earlier this afternoon as I was sitting idle in the drive-through line of In-N-Out (yummy) I was humming a catchy country song that was on the radio a couple of months ago.  I turned the station and there was that SAME song playing!  I figured it must be fait so I'll add the chorus here to go along with the cute picture of Easton.

Rodney Atkins, Watching You <--- click on the link to go to a video of the song 

He said, "I’ve been watching you, dad ain’t that cool?
I’m your buckaroo, I wanna be like you.
And eat all my food and grow as tall as you are.
We got cowboy boots and camo pants
Yeah, we’re just alike, hey, ain’t we dad?
I want to do everything you do.
So I’ve been watching you."


Layla had a bit of a rough time going to sleep so I sat in our big, plush rocking chair in the living room and rocked her for about 30 minutes before she settled down and was ready for bed too.  I tried the Johannes Brahms song mentioned by my friend John in the comments of the previous post on March 30th.  I think it worked really well, but I butchered the words and probably sounded like a donkey giving birth.  The awesome part is that neither of the twins know any different, so I'm a rock star from their standpoint, right?  
I want to post a picture of my nephew Silas that Joanie sent to me.  Silas is 3 months old in this picture and from the first moment I saw Easton come out of Kendra's belly I've said he looks a lot like Silas.  Papa Webb (my dad) calls him, "Sylee P":


Have a great Thursday and we wish you many happy moments.


No comments: