Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Going to Cali


Greetings friends and family,

We have lots going on around the 4 Webb's house and things are about to get even busier. We said hello again to Opa Burgess (yeaaaaaa) who was away at a conference for several days. We said goodbye to GG last Sunday:


And on Friday we'll say hello again to GG because we're going to California for a few weeks! She agreed to let us take over her house and fill it with babies and love while we stay there. Our local friends are house sitting for us so our kitties don't get lonely. I'll continue to work like normal since I have an office there. Kendra will spend her time showing off the twins and hanging out with her high school friends. Also, most of her relatives live within 30 minutes of each other so we'll be joining in the get togethers and pool parties.

Neill and Jenny will be traveling around the country while we're there in California so we won't get a chance to spend time with them. But here's an excellent picture we just received in email of Goma (Go-Ma) Jenny holding our smiley peanut:



This was the last picture taken of Layla with no teeth. The next time she'll smile like this with no teeth showing will be when she's 95 years old... and I bet she'll be just as happy and energetic.

I told Layla to do the "surprised look" with me while out to dinner with GG. She gets this look every time the flash goes off, but I thought it would make her feel better if we BOTH had the same look... She has several new outfits (Thanks to Oma, Goma, and GG) and this one is extra cute in my opinion.


We ended up at Marie Calendar's since GG wanted to treat us all to going out to dinner one last time during her trip. I couldn't resist and bought myself a chocolate satin pie. a WHOLE pie. I've been knocking it down, 1 piece per day, and can't get enough of that tasty, cookie crust. Uncle Dave and I used to get a pie or two every time Marie Calendars has their bi-annual pie sale so it was somewhat emotional to be there. Luckily I had Kendra, Oma, and GG to help eat the pie with me! :)

Our friend and neighbor, Marsha, came by over the weekend and gave us coordinated outfits for Easton and Layla. The tiny dress is oh so cute, but it's not quite tiny enough for our little Layla Rae. However, Easton's fit just fine and here's a picture of us hanging out together on Sunday afternoon. His outfit has "T is for Turtle" on the front, but Marsha said it really says "T is for Troy" (his middle name). Either way, it looks good and fits good so we're thankful and he's happy!


This morning Kendra and I ate our breakfast and then put rubber bibs (who's the genius that thought of these things???) so the twins could have some food of their own. Can you tell which baby likes granola apple flavor?


If you guessed Easton, then you are correct. He loved it and you can see that he's one happy baby. Layla on the other hand gave the sour-puss face the whole time. Half of hers ended up in the bottom of the rubber bib and some ended up on me. I was dumb enough to teach her how to make the buzzing noise with her mouth (see the previous post) and then sit in front of her as she had a mouth full of mushy goodness...

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this latest bacth of baby pics and their portraits. I'm really glad we spent the time and money to get those taken. My sister is right that in a few years we'll look back and think it was money well spent. :)

By the way, last night Kendra and I went to see the latest Batman flick. Oma and Opa took care of the twins for a few hours so we could have a mini date night. Kendra says it was the best movie ever made. I say don't take anyone under 30 years old because it was creepy and scary in ways I can't even describe. Luckily I didn't have any nightmares last night, but I did cuddle up with Kendra a little closer than normal.

Have a great Tuesday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bronson!
I just got off the phone with you and decided if you had any new stuff on your blog and sure enough you did! The pictures are priceless and I'm enjoying seeing the family and extended family. It was great to visit with you. You all will be in our prayers this Friday for a safe and easy trip to Kendra's stomping grounds.
Love ya gobs,
MOM

Dustin said...

Hey Bronson,

Great pictures! I love the thing 1 and thing 2 outfits, and that was a great poem from Ginny. Rubber bibs, Huh? I think we'll have to try them out soon.

I agree on Batman...great movie, but very creepy! Heath Ledger deserves an Oscar.

Take care, and keep up the Bloggin'!