Friday, May 16, 2008

Young Me Now Me

You all know I'm not a big forwarder of junk email to mass distribution lists telling you to go look at some website (I’ll rant about that later), but please check out the pictures on this web site ---> ( Young Me - Now Me ) if you get a chance. I linked it to page 8 because this one has some of the cutest, most humorous pictures of the site. The pictures on the site made me think about all of the pictures we took and posted of Easton and Layla. I can only imagine which picture(s) would be most likely to show up 15 years from now on a site like this from our twins... Hmmm...

Speaking of old pictures, there aren’t many of me as a kid because I was the third child and we all know how THAT goes. I’m sure you can relate to me if you were third or later in a family, right? Anyway, here are a few that Joanie brought of ME that I was happy to see. This one is 9-month-old me and there are lots of similarities between Easton and I. I'd like to recreate this picture with Easton when he turns 9 months, but where am I going to find a wacky tricycle like that one??? It was junky 32 years ago when I sat on it, so no telling where a similar one might exist today. I'll have to go check ebay. :)



Here is another one of me in the grey and white striped shirt at my 2nd birthday. The other boy is my beloved cousin Bud who apparently cut his own hair for the occasion. See the big missing section of hair? Maybe that's why he didn’t end up in cosmetology?


And last, but not least here is one of my personal favorites of all times. I’m 4 months old here and now can see where Easton gets his looks! I had hoped Easton inherited the Burgess Legs instead of my skinny, chicken sticks, but in this picture you can see my legs look chunky just like Easton’s do now so the jury is still out as to what kind of legs he’ll end up with. Just for clarification, Burgess legs refers to the massive and muscular legs of Opa Burgess… which are the opposite description of mine and much more desirable. I guess you say I’m hoping for a Burgess LEGacy?

And of course you see my sister, Joanie and my brother, B.J. who were great sibling to grow up with. I REALLY gotta get some of that shag carpet in my living room! One other note for this picture… I was teased for my love of Winnie the Pooh by my siblings even to the point of tears (don’t think I’ll ever get over the “pooh pot” incident in the 1st grade). Anyway, if you look closely at B.J.’s shirt, just under the ENORMOUS collar, you can see the white outline of… TaDa! Winnie the Pooh! After all these years of thinking I was alone in my fondness for Pooh Bear, I see now that I was just following in my brother’s footsteps!


I change a LOT of diapers around here (roughly twice as many as most fathers) and have no problems being a team. That’s not a big deal for me and I am usually lucky enough to miss the “messy” ones somehow. BUT, when my sister was here and we were all hanging out in the living room Easton made it audibly and odoriferously clear that he needed a diaper change. Apparently it was payback time for Kendra and she thought it was humorous enough to take a picture…


Happy Friday to you all and have a great weekend!

No comments: