Friday, May 9, 2008

4 webbs, 1 playmat

Happy Friday everyone!

I'm not quite sure how I should have taken this picture, but it is artistic and cute, yet lame and uninspiring. Kendra is always willing to go along with my hair-brained ideas for picture taking.... She's such a sport. Maybe you all have a different opinion of this photo or a better idea to recommend. Here we are during playtime with the twins on their favorite play mat. It has elephant ears sticking up with butterscotch wrappers inside (or whatever they put in there to make the crinkle noise) and Easton and Layla love it. We couldn't get Layla to look at the camera so this is as good as it gets:





It's official! I'm a yellow belt in Taekwondo. I broke a 3/4 pine board, did some pretend blocks/punches and viola! It only took me 4 weeks to achieve, which is a really fast pace. I did lots of home-work just to figure out how to tie my belt and stand correctly (it's harder than it looks)! I look forward to continuing training and practices because it's fun to learn something new like this. Not to mention that I gain confidence in my ability to protect myself and my family considering I've never hit anyone or been hit in my whole life. :) This is a picture of me and my class mates after the testing and new belts. I'm the goofy, tall white guy on the right end and all three ladies in the class can kick my butt.



Tonight we met with our small group from church as usual and Kendra pulled off a super dinner for everyone including homemade lasagna, salad, bread, and angel food cake with strawberries. We usually spend the evening working in a workbook for "boundaries in marriage", but tonight we sat outside in their backyard and enjoyed food and fellowship the whole time. Easton is huge compared to Layla and his weight is noticeably heavier when I pick him up. but I held Easton next to Brendon and Danielle's son who is 9 months old and Easton looks so tiny in comparison. It is bizarre how perspectives change when different situations require you to see things from another view... The busy evening threw Easton and Layla's schedule for a loop, so we are hoping for a full night's sleep in spite of it.


I better get to bed so I can accomplish something at work tomorrow (with lots of coffee) and get ready for Joanie's arrival in the evening.

No comments: