Thursday, June 12, 2008

Mute button, political views and diaper dollars

Howdy sheeple,

Well, i guess that is your word of the day if you haven't heard of that before.  Here is what wikipedia has to say about it:

Sheeple is a term of disparagement, a portmanteau created by combining the words "sheep" and "people." It is often used to denote persons who acquiesce to authority, and thus undermine their own human individuality. The implication of sheeple is that as a collective, people believe whatever they are told, especially if told so by authority figures, without processing it to be sure that it is an accurate representation of the real world around them. 

Warning:  Political rant!  Skip to the cute and cuddly pictures if you're a Democrat.

No meanness intended and I know my friends and family are not sheeple who are following Obama blindly into the slaughter house, just a playful joke.  Hey, it's MY blog so i can give a political view now and then without feeling shameful.  I'm just saying...  I already have purchased the "don't blame me, i didn't vote for Obama" bumper sticker.  

I feel really bad for Democrats, truthfully.  given your horrible options to pick from...  You chose a boob with two nuts instead of a nut with two boobs.  Can't say that I blame you.  The only CHANGE I want is money back from my $75 fuel bill (Notice the correlation between gas price increases and the Democratic congress??? thanks a lot Pelosi and company).  

END Political rant >>Bronson steps down from his soap box and pushes it under the pool table for another day<<

OK, on to all things related to the 4 Webbs...  Here's how much I rock:


I rock twice as much as any other father (notice BOTH of them have a bib that says, "daddy rocks").  That reminds me...  My first fathers day is this Sunday.  I'm excited to get started on my tie collection of wretched designs that no self respecting person would wear.  I'm kind of odd this way, but I have no problem spending money on Kendra or the babies for birthdays and occasions, but I really don't like it when Kendra spends our money on me for occasions...  Not sure why, but I have always thought that way.

The only difference is that my measure of how much things cost is different now.  For example, Kendra bought me a silver necklace (thanks, wife, i love it!) for fathers day and I said, "that's a 96 pack of diapers!!!"  so now everything that costs money is measured in diapers.    That's what I call diaper dollars.  who cares about the Yen or Euro...  I've got my own benchmark to determine how much things really cost:  Diaper Dollars!  Maybe you have a similar measure for money, but a little different depending on what stage of life you're in?

Anywhooooooo, I finally did it.  I pulled out the sharpy marker and labeled Layla's pacifier with the TRUTH!  


Kendra said Layla looks like a pig or a bull with a ring in its nose, but i just HAD to post this.  We call her pacifier the "mute button" because she'll talk or cry or whimper at certain times during the day and putting the pacifier in her mouth immediately calms her down and she stops making noise, hence the name.  On an unrelated note, Layla spit up on my neck this evening.  People say, "it's different when it's YOUR kid".  They are liars.  That was disgusting.  I tried not to freak out and did a good job of not scaring poor Layla with my reaction.  I put her down on the bed, took my clothes off, and showered as though I had just returned from an overnight stay in a trash dumpster.  Maybe I'll grow up and not be such a dope about it, but I gotta tell you... that was just nasty.  The bizarre part was that before the "incident" Layla was smiling and giggling as though she had just won an Oscar.  then she yacked.   Then 2 seconds later she was back to grinning like a possum from ear to ear like a little angel.  

Easton is not as much of a morning person as Layla and I was able to catch him sleeping in during one of their naps.  Thumb in mouth.  Hand on nose.  sleeping like a log.  That's our little Monkers...  He is such a happy baby.  I like to think that is because from the time he was the size of a tadpole in Kendra's belly I would rub her belly and say, "happy, healthy babies".  I must have done that 10 times per day, every day of her pregnancy.  Even now when i go wake them up from naps or put them down to sleep I whisper, "happy, healthy baby" as often as possible.    


As for myself, I heard a song the other day that really caught my attention.  Phil Wickham, "Divine Romance".  I went out to the internet and BOUGHT the song.  I know, it's crazy to think, but I actually paid money for this song.  OK, it was only a dollar, but that only buys, like, 5 diapers...  SO anyway, the last music i actually paid for was in 1995.  that should tell you how much I enjoy this song.  Here's the YouTube clip if you get a chance to hear it:



If you can't see the youtube clip, maybe you can listen here at Last FM?  I started listening to it on Monday and have had it repeating over and over again on my ipod and home computer and in my car and home theater system for the past 4 days... straight.  I think that borderlines "obsessive", but i just can't get enough of this song.  

Oh, and by the way Kendra went to a discovery learning toy party thingy, but SHE will have to blog about that and how she felt about picking her parents up from the airport.  

P.S.  Yeah, yeah...  The Lakers lost.  I know the Celtics will win the finals.  There's always next year, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bronson,
Happy Father's Day to you! I sent a card and hope it gets there in time. I got a big laugh out of the "mute botton" picture and hoot out of the Obama joke. The song was great, what I could understand. The guitar was so loud I couldn't hear all he said.We got water only two inches from going upon our back porch. The rain here is causing a lot of flooding! Hope your Sunday is super-celebration of fatherhood. I am sooo proud of you "daddy"!
Love ya gobs,
MOM