Monday, June 15, 2009

Early morning

Happy Monday everyone,

Why in the world am I awake at 4:00 AM? I thought maybe it was the excitement from the Lakers winning the NBA championship, but that was fairly anti-climactic. Even though I'm excited for Kendra and I to start the P90X home fitness program that probably wouldn't wake me from a deep sleep. It could be because I started reading Wild at Heart again. That really stirs me up and my dreams were really crankin'. More than likely what has me awake is the recurring theme over the past week ringing in my head. A simpler life. Do I really want to spend the rest of my life trying to keep up with the Jones'? There must be something between living in a mountain shack with nothing but running water and caring about the brand of jeans I wear while sitting in an office all day, every day.

So here I sit, just me and the incredible Phil Wickham. By the way, he has an awesome new album on his website you can download for FREE. It's a live concert from last month and my ipod is forcefully stuck on repeat mode to play it over and over again. Give them an email address and he sends a direct link to the zip file of MP3s.

Today I'll have to work on Easton's response when we ask him to show us his teeth. I don't think he gets it yet, but is sure makes for a funny picture.


Kendra made an interesting observation Saturday when I tried to get Layla to give me kisses. Layla resists me often when I try to steal a kiss from her and Kendra said, "your goatee is rough and she doesn't like it". That night I shaved it off! Sunday was full of open mouth, slobbery kisses from my lovely Layla, which made the day very special. She already knows how to tug at my heart strings.


I can see the sun light as the sky changes from black to blue. That means only two more hours before Kendra and the twins wake up! Time to go for a run.

Bye bye.

No comments: