Wednesday, June 3, 2009

3D Oma and videos

Welcome to another blog of our adventures with twins!

Every day is double the pleasure and double the fun... and double the chance of someone ending the day with bite marks, bruises from falling, or ketchup in their hair. I'll throw out my "Way Back Wednesday" photo to start things off. This is an old picture of the 4 Webbs when they were just 2 weeks old.


Can you believe they were ever so tiny? When I hold my hands together and look at my palms it is tough to remember how I used to be able to hold one of them in that way.

Kendra's mother (Oma) arrived today and her father (Opa) will be here tomorrow! We've been counting down the days for them to arrive. For the past few months the twins have only seen Oma and Opa through Skype (the 2D version of grandparents). However, now she is here and the twins love the 3D interactive version much better. After I came home from work we took a dip in the pool and put them through the regular routine of bath, books, and bed. We're going through bubble bath like crazy lately. I'm hoping Costco has a 5 gallon bucket of bubble bath so we can stock up cheaply.

And now for my 15 minutes of fame! OK it's really just 4 minutes, but who's counting? Below is the full sermon from last Sunday where I fought on stage against my instructor. The sermon starts at 10 minutes 45 seconds and my time on stage is around the 27 minute mark. I was glad to avoid speaking because I was already nervous about fighting. Even though I held the mic, I had nothing to say at the moment anyway so it worked out well. You'll have to press the play button and give it a minute or two to load the video before it will let you skip to the middle...

Overall I was ecstatic about the opportunity to be on stage and pleasantly surprised at how well it turned out. The video doesn't look nearly as real as it felt. I have bruises to prove it and I'm finally able to fully close my jaw all the way today. During the first service (this video is of the second service) I took a kick and a punch to the head. Even though he only used half his power, trust me... it rattled my brain! If you can’t view the video for some reason, here is the link to it: Ultimate Fighter: Series Review

WFMW (Works For Me Wednesday) - Craigslist... That's what works for me. I was torn this week whether to extol the virtues of buying a huge box of toys or the killer deal we got on the slide so I'll just mention both and wrap it in a "Craigslist" heading.

We went to Toys R Us and I spent the entire time wondering around the store emphatically calling out numbers. "35 dollars!?", "74 dollars?!", "159 dollars!?" I was stunned how much toys cost these days so every time I flipped over a price tag I uncontrollably called out the price in disbelief. We spent over $150 on barely a few toys and I felt as though I'd just been robbed at gun point when I walked out of the store.

Then I started looking around on craigslist and found those exact same toys for 25% of the retail cost. "Aha!" I thought to myself... Now I just need to convince Kendra it is OK to buy used toys. She reluctantly sent a few emails and made a few phone calls. After a day of searching I came home and VIOLA! a huge box load of toys and a hide-climb-slide thing all for $75. Now THAT'S what I'm talking about.

Easton took a digger into the carpet once before he figured out the secret is to lean back (not forward) when you slide down.


Once they figured out how the climb and slide part worked Easton stood on top spinning the randomly placed ship steering wheel while Layla went up and down the slide.


You can tell by the look on Layla's face this toy really does work well. They may be completely bored of it by this weekend, but for these few days I'm happy they are entertained and tired from the exercise.


I’ll close the blog tonight with a short clip of Layla laughing hysterically at Oma. You just can’t help but smile when you hear her cute giggles.



See you soon!

No comments: