Wednesday, June 30, 2010

What's a faux-hawk?

Greetings friends and family,

Lately I've seen a growing trend of toddler boys with a faux-hawk. I don't know if it is a 2009 fad already seen as uncool or if it will gain the notoriety and respect of a mullet. Either way, it's hard to get used to seeing kids (and even grown men) sporting a fauxhawk. I think it is entirely David Beckham's fault the hair style even exists. Kendra used water and shampoo to see what Easton would look like with one.


I think it works for him and we may even give it a try as his next hair cut. Guess we'll see what kind of silly mood Mommy is in whenever that day arrives.

Layla's hair is getting so long now she could easily pull off the punk rocker look although the resemblance to Alfalfa is uncanny from this angle.


Certainly doesn't do her princess characters any favors. We'll stick with pigtails and pony tails for her.

Layla is getting brave with her new floaties and jumps from the side with a little assistance from Mommy.


Here's my two favorite girls doing the only logical thing possible in 111 degree temperatures... swimming, and more swimming!


Daddy's new toy at home is a vertical 24" LCD monitor. It allows me to see 120 pictures at a time, which is useful for sorting through pics to use on the blog.


Before you judge me as consumeristic and materialistic... work paid for it. This monitor is technically for my "home office", which honestly gets used for work every evening and weekend in addition to my other many uses for the computer. I'm spoiled to have this much computing real estate, but I promise it is being used well. No more scrolling on websites either, by the way.

Also, just an FYI... Please don't mention Taco Bell in my presence for at least the rest of this year. My late night run for the border cost me $5.84 and an entire day off work as I regretted my decision to eat there and prayed a lot.

Enough about me, back to the adventures with twins... Easton and Layla are learning vocabulary and sentence structure before they learn social interactions with strangers or volume control. That leads to situations such as Easton turning to the 7 year old kid in the booth next to us at dinner and saying (loudly), "Hey boy! What are you doing here? Hey... BOY!" The poor kid was so shocked by Easton's friendliness and bold voice he didn't even respond. I knew the correct response was to praise him for being so friendly. I'll let the boy's father deal with his self-esteem issues from Easton's aggressive comments. :)

Also, Layla sang me the extended version of "Happy Birthday" at the restaurant. The ladies across the way clapped for me and then wished me a Happy Birthday on the way out the door. There is no way I would stop Layla from singing me a song no matter what it is or where. And i didn't have the heart to tell the ladies today is not my birthday. Sometimes it's better just to go with it.

I sent Kendra an email from work today and she told me it was romantical. I wrote: I’m listening to the obnoxiously loud lady a few isles over. Her laugh is so hideously annoying it makes me want to puncture my ear drums. Instead I’ll just turn up the music in my head phones even louder and think about how lucky I am to have a wife with a pleasant laugh. I love to hear you laugh. It’s one of the things I noticed when we went on our first date.

I'm still learning how it's the little things that count the most.

See you soon!

1 comment:

Scott & Marisue said...

Definitely don't discourage Layla from singing Happy Birthday at restaurants. You never know when you'll get a free birthday dessert because of it...even if it isn't your birthday!! :0)