Sunday, July 4, 2010

Independence Day

Greetings friends and family,

Kendra and the twins showed their patriotism in attire (the ole' red, white, and blue) and by poking flags in every yard on our cul-de-sac. We don't celebrate "The 4th of July" because that is simply a date on a calendar. We celebrate independence and sacrifice of our nations forefathers. As my tribute to this day, here's the most meaningful quote to me: "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." -- John Adams

And now on to the adventures with twins... We purposefully scheduled one-on-one time where one parent was giving full attention to one child. The dynamics of those situation provide a stark contrast against the normal attitudes and atmosphere when the twins are together. With all the different combinations of together-ness of the 4 Webbs I'm starting to enjoy all 4 of us together the least. Not because it is bad, but because the one-on-one time and the situations where I have them by myself are so much fun.

When it's just me with the twins that means Kendra gets a break and whatever I say goes. Layla noticed I didn't have my sun glasses on so she put hers on my face. I'm not too prideful to accept such a kind-hearted gesture and share it with you. :)


One of the scorching hot noon times from the past few days we ran around in the shade of the tree with the garden hose. They shared well and took turns spraying each other and especially spraying me while laughing hysterically.

Guests who enter our house notice we have TWO office chairs by the computer desk. I used to have one, but it fell apart at the seams (literally). My dad bought me a new one as a gift some time ago and I am comfortably resting in the new chair now. One advantage of having both chairs is that when the 4 Webbs are on Skype we can all be sit together and chat at the same time. However, the real reason is because we have two toddlers who love to go around and around.


and around and around some more. They get the biggest kick out of holding onto the chairs and spinning around until they fall down. If we only have one chair, then we run into the whole "sharing" issue and that makes play time less fun.

A recent monsoon came through town and the howling winds were too much for this poor birdie's nest. I took the learning opportunity to explain the concept to Easton and Layla. There were even 2 broken eggs inside so they were able to hold the egg shells and promptly destroy them.


This next picture of Easton is the "before" photo. before he had his hair cut... The way I know it is the before photo is not only due to his long hair, but the happy smile is a give-away.


He was perfectly fine playing with the train set at the kid's salon. Then when it was time to bust out the trimmers he was one unhappy camper. Not even a TV playing Thomas and Friends could keep his attention and provide comfort. I had to hold his head still and the poor hair cut lady chased his head around as he wiggled like a wet cat. I gave him a lollipop anyway for being such a brave boy.

As you can see he bounced back with his happy smile and trimmed hair cut. No, I didn't get the faux-hawk. I just can't bring myself to do it yet.


We had an awesome time with the Cole's at our house for the evening. Four hours of their two kids playing with the twins complete with swimming, chasing each other, and even dancing.


Layla picked up a few sweet dance moves. We may have to start watching SYTYCD to build up her repitor. Layla even found some good old fashion "fun with a box". In this case it was actually a see through crate, but that made it even more humorous because playing peek-a-boo through a clear container means she saw me coming and still laughed as though she was caught by surprise. What a sweet face.


and to prove the point even more about how much of a princess she is, notice the angelic face, Cinderella doll, and princess chapstick firmly in her hand while she sleeps.


She is by far the most beautiful thing I've ever seen besides Kendra. I know my role as a father is to be a Godly example so she sees God through me. However, it works the other way around as well. Every time I look at her I see God because I realize there is no way I could have created something so incredible on my own.

Tomorrow's officially a vacation day and we will make the most of every minute. Time for bed so I have a fighting chance of keeping up with another full throttle day tomorrow. :)

See you soon!

No comments: