Saturday, June 26, 2010

Toy Story story

Greetings friends and family,

After hearing about Cousin Landon's successful cinematic experience with Toy Story 3 we decided to give it a try ourselves. Thanks for trail blazing, Dustin! You can see the uncertainty in their expressions prior to entering the theater.


Keeping them entertained with the terribly drab previews and commercials proved to be the biggest challenge. Once the movie started they sat quietly in their seats with the occasional request for comfort in the form of hand holding or just some soothing words that everything was going to be ok.

The best decision we made was to arrive early and sit in the row of chairs with nothing but a rail directly in front of us. Easton was barely tall enough even with the booster seat to see over the railing, but it was better than sitting behind some big guy with a hat with no chance to see over him. Also, Layla (little miss energetic) stood part of the time while hanging onto the railing. She even sat for a while with her arms proped up and chin on the middle rail.

They were both at their limit of sitting still before the closing credits even rolled. If the movie was 5 minutes longer I would have been out in the lobby chasing them around. We stopped for an official picture with the poster in case there is ever a question of what was their first movie-going experience.


The picture above is also the last picture of Easton and Kendra before they got food poising from the Chipolte poison burrito. The two of them shared a meal while Layla and I shared a separate meal. 4 hours later after nap time Easton gave me the most disgusting experience of my life as he yaked with his head resting on my shoulder. It felt like someone dropped a water balloon filled with warm oatmeal on my back.

You never know how you will react in situations like that until it happens and I must say I am very proud of myself. I didn't toss Easton or hold him away from me or scream like a little girl. All of those thoughts crossed my mind. However, I kept Easton close to me and more importunately, I kept my composure so he didn't freak out. I called out to Kendra with a shaky desperate voice and went straight to the shower. The two of us took a mid-day shower and it took everything in my being to keep from throwing up. Seriously... disturbing.

The gross factor was shocking because the twins have been very healthy compared to other kids based on the stories I hear and as a result we haven't experienced the throw up thing much at all considering they are 2 1/2 years old.

Anyways, everything is back to normal with the 4 Webbs except occasionally Easton says (with a sorrowful voice), "I puked on the floor". I don't have the heart to correct him, but I want to say, "No, you puked on daddy..." Needless to say he spent most of the past 24 hours in his diaper because we don't want to throw away any more of his clothes.

Easton hit a new level of cabin-fever-induced boredom today as he loaded up Layla's dolly and stroller with his own toys and pushed it around the house. The baby sure looks happy and Easton is visibly healthier!


Once the sun dropped below the horizon and the temperature fell ALLLLL the way down to 100, I took the twins out to the driveway for some water fun. I turned on the hose and umpired the sharing.


I did my best to just put them in the situation as a scientific experiment and let them figure out what to do and how to play together. I was pleasantly surprised with their sharing and kind-hearted consideration for each other.

Kendra pointed out the harvest moon so I took some time playing with my Canon S90 and this is as good as I could capture the scene. Not exactly Ansel Adams, but the beauty of the moonlight over palm trees is something we Arizonans take for granted all too easily.



See you soon!

No comments: