Thursday, June 17, 2010

high heels

Hi friends and family,

Even at 2 years and 4 months old the twins are still sensational super-stars in public. Just the other day Kendra sweet talked a department store salesman into giving us 40% off the purchase price of our bed sheets. The salesman found (wink, wink) a coupon behind the desk and gave it to us. I know Kendra's charm and friendly nature had a lot to do with it, but seeing Easton and Layla entertain the sales people and everyone else in line that day certainly helped. Stuff like that happens all of the time.

I look at older kids (some who are twins) and notice at some point they lose their "cuteness" and become just kids. Honestly, I expected that to occur way before now for Easton and Layla, but having never raised a child before I am clueless. They will always be special to me. My view of them has nothing to do with how others view them. I just find child development intensely interesting especially as I am living in the moment day by day experiencing it with Easton and Layla.

The whirlwind summer '10 Oma tour has come to a close. Her departure was a sad time for all 4 Webbs. Thanks, Oma, for the great visit and sharing yourself with us. I meant it when I said, "we should buy a huge house and all move in together!" If only that were possible... We'll take what we can get of our time together. We're already looking forward to seeing you and Opa in 3 weeks! let the countdown begin... again.

Speaking of houses... I wish my next house would have a man-cave. a room dedicated only to sports equipment, the entertain center, and masculine decor. I'm not even sure it is proper to have the words "masculine" and "decor" in the same sentence, but you know what I mean. I have no expectation of this becoming reality, but a boy can dream, right?

Back to Oma's visit. We all did a very poor job of taking pictures over the past several days and if I had any regret about her visit, that is it. We were all so involved and actively engaged the whole time that stopping to take pictures didn't cross our mind often enough. I ended up with one lonely picture of our beautiful Layla.


You may notice she has a princess tutu, princess purse, princess bow, and princess shoes. Those are over-sized high-heel princess shoes by the way. Even so, Layla walks, runs, and plays in the heels as if she is wearing her most comfortable sneakers.

I know there are TV news stories berating parents for allowing kids to wear high heels. Relax! It's not like Layla will develop corns, calluses, hammertoes, arthritis, chronic knee pain, and back problems from just wearing her special high heels around once in a while.

On the flip side, there may be a modeling career in Layla's future:


The Lakers won the 2010 championship (cheering and party horns) and I will get a picture tomorrow of Easton in my Kobe Bryant jersey for the 3rd year running! We don't have many traditions at the 4 Webb's house, but that is turning into one.

See you soon!

No comments: