Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Hey friends and family,

Happy Father's day to all of the dads including myself. We celebrated my big day today instead of tomorrow just because it worked out that way. I'll recap the adventures of the day, but really the ending was the highlight. Here's the picture and I'll get to the stories towards the end if you're interested in the background.



This morning I woke up with the babies and let Kendra sleep in. Saturday morning is the only possible day she gets a chance to do that each week due to my work and church on the other 6 days of the week. I threw a couple of muffins and some blackberries at the hungry tigers before getting them dressed and lathered up in sun screen for the day. After 40 minutes or so of shushing them and saying, "OK, let's go!" I finally corralled them out the door and into the Chariot.

We played in the park for about an hour including Easton flying his Space Shuttle Columbia all around the park complete with his own sound track of rockets.


After wearing me out (they were still tightly wound like a spring) we rode over to Aunt Mary's house to say hello and eat a snack.


The twins still fit very comfortably into the Chariot and I doubt they will outgrow it any time soon. Buying it is one of the best purchases we made after they were born. I know people like to call this type of expense an "investment", but it is not. An investment makes you money and I promise, although the Chariot is maintenance free and we've had no issues, it has earned zero dollars over the past 2 years.

Even though we played outside early, Arizona summers heat up really quick. We slogged our way home and jumped straight into the pool for 45 minutes of paddling around and arguing over who gets to hold the Ariel princess water toy. When I could tell they were fully water-logged and pruned we went inside for some relaxation and a few minutes of watching Little Einsteins.


Nap time consumed most of the early afternoon for Easton and Layla and us as well. Then we headed out for an early dinner as my Father's Day treat. I chose Jason's Deli because it is kid friendly and Kendra could find something tolerable for her diet requirements. Not exactly a selfish trip to sushi as I hoped, but since I went just last week with Big Time, I was more than happy to eat at Jason's Deli for the good of the 4 Webbs. We're in this together as a family!

We intended to find Easton a pair of fireman boots so he would stop trying to wear Layla's princess high heels, but struck out at Toys R' Us for that. I'm forced to go online to find his size of fireman boots and outfit as well as a superman cape. Anyway, we found Easton a Buzz LightYear outfit and Layla a set of princess fairy wings.

On the way home from dinner we stopped by Aunt Mary's house again to help straighten out what A/V equipment is necessary from the pile of black boxes Uncle Dave built up over the past few decades. As we walked to the door I took the opportunity to take this picture of the two loveliest girls in my life.


We arrived home and Easton was bouncing off the walls while waiting to put on his new costume. He went to our full-length bathroom mirror several times to see himself as a Space Ranger and he sure was proud!


I'm getting up at 5:00 AM to go for a mountain bike ride before church. If I go after church I'll sizzle like a piece of bacon out there on the trail.

Enjoy the weekend and stop by again soon!

No comments: