Monday, June 7, 2010

bounce, run, swim

Greetings friends and family,

We barely missed a record high in Arizona today with the temperature topping out at 111 degrees. However, we didn't miss having to use Skype to interact with Oma. She's here and the 4 Webbs are taking full advantage of our time with her. The twins take regular breaks in their play time to give her hugs and kisses even if they are in the middle of the kitchen floor. Every room is the play room.


The pool finally warmed up to a toasty 88 degrees so we are taking daily swims to beat the heat. How about those floaties?! Easton and Layla are both kicking well with their feet and floating on their back like starfish.


The starfish reference is from their swim lessons, which by the way happen again tomorrow morning. Only one more week after that and then they graduate from swim school. Not sure exactly what is expected of them after going through the program other than they know how to swim towards the edge and monkey walk to the steps. Kendra is impressed with the facilities and teachers so from what I can tell it was a successful adventure so far. Sure makes swimming in our pool at home that much more fun for me!

Speaking of fun... Kendra took her mom and the twins to the Bounce Jungle for some energy-burning activity without the scorching heat of the sun. The nice, air condition facility and plenty of slides resulted in serious naps for everyone including our Energizer Bunny, Layla.


There is nothing more heart-warming for me than seeing genuine happiness on the faces of Easton and Layla. I can't keep from smiling when I see pictures like this next one where Layla is in her element having the time of her life.


I wish the screen resolution for the blog allowed bigger pictures so I could show the wide-angle shot to describe just how huge the slide is. However, the close up zoom shot is just as good to capture the happy faces as they stare down the monstrous slide at Kendra waiting below.


Although Easton participates in all the thrill of bouncing and sliding, he is equally content to ride the slowly galloping horse in the lobby. Quite a natural, eh? He's a real Prince Charming, but it will take a few years and some confidence for him to grow into that role.


After all of the bouncing around Kendra and Oma took the twins to IKEA for a 1 mile walk-jog through the facility. The intent was to squeak out as much energy as possible before their nap time and these two ideas worked perfectly. So much so that Layla found a bed to start her nap immediately! Uh-oh... I expect Layla will begin asking for a "big girl" bed shortly. My pre-meditated reply will be, "When you use the big girl potty every day, then you can sleep in a big girl bed at night"!


Thanks for the great idea, Joanie. Looks like that worked out well with Daphne. :)

This evening after I returned home from martial arts training I felt really dehydrated. I had a Gatorade waiting for me, but Kendra spoke my love language tonight by turning that into a Gatorade Slurpee.


I'm a fairly simple guy and little things like that make me feel special. Like yesterday when I didn't feel well enough to join everyone swimming. Kendra told Layla to pray for me and she voluntarily prayed, "Thank you Jesus for Daddy. Please heal his boo-boo. Amen."

Doesn't get much sweeter or heart-felt than that! And by the way, I woke up this morning feeling like a million bucks so her prayer was heard and answered. After praying for Layla and Easton every single day for the past 2 years and 4 months it was a refreshing turn of events to have her pray for me.

One final picture I didn't post from Pastor's birthday party is this one with Kendra and our friends April and Jason.


Kendra is lovely and I am lucky.

See you soon!

No comments: