Thursday, June 24, 2010

milk shake

Howdy folks,

Welcome back to the 4 Webb's blog. We are gearing up for our next big adventure in a couple of weeks: swimming in the ocean with Oma and Opa followed by a visit to Sacramento to spend time with friends and family there as well as experience the cool evening temperatures courtesy of the delta breeze.

The twins have their own separate way of interpreting almost everything in life. I use the miniature megaphone to announce my presence when playing hide and seek. Layla turned it around backwards and I have no idea what she was using it for other than just being silly.


Easton used it as a non-functional telescope, but I give him high marks for creativity. He giggled and snorted as he walked around the room looking at Layla and I.


No one in the Casa de Webb is getting more of a lesson in sharing than me. It started as Daddy's shake ended up as Easton and Daddy laughing through the brain freeze. I'm not sure why both bit the straw and shook it like a dog.


Then Layla asked to join in so I gladly accepted because although all things are not equal or fair, I want them to feel equally important in Daddy's eyes.


Easton wanted more, which left dear ole' dad spectating as the shake quickly disappeared.


I was left with backwash (yuck) and a deep sense of pride knowing my sacrifice means the twins eat more and grow more. I reveled in the moment watching them be excited to receive such a treat. I took the opportunity to teach them sharing by example. The "do as I say and not as I do" method doesn't work based on my experience.

On a side note: Easton put together a sentence with 10 words yesterday. I don't normally sit around counting their words. However, his sentence was so well said and polished I counted it out and congratulated him on verbalizing his thoughts so well. That being said, a few minutes later when Layla touched his train he just screamed at the top of his lungs, pushed out his bottom lip, and cried. Not exactly a model of communication, but the consistency of expressing himself properly is firmly on the right track. Can't ask for more than that, right?

See you soon!

2 comments:

Dustin said...

Hey Bronson,

Let us know if you guys have some availability while you're in town...maybe we can all meet up at a bounce house or something to let the little ones play for a bit.

Have a safe trip in...

-Dustin

The Four Webbs said...

Hi Dustin,

Sounds like a great idea and we will definitely make plans to get together. See you in a few weeks!