Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Way back Whensday

Hello friends,

The 4 Webbs are packing up the Honda Pilot and heading west. Yes, we live in Arizona, which is in the West, but we're going FURTHER west all the way to Sacramento. Once we cross the state line into California our gas will be free. We plan to adopt the state government model and simply write IOUs to the gas stations as we FILL 'R UP (good luck cashing those)!

Kendra is running around going 100 mph packing and cleaning and preparing for our long stay with Oma and Opa. I'm just trying to stay out of the way and do as I'm told. I just say, "yes!".

On a completely unrelated note, here is a funny video clip of the latest new word in the Webb house... Yes. I wonder who or where they get the emphatic expression from??? Kendra? Do you have any idea where?



I know this is completely random, but here's a humorous before / after set of pictures:

Before:


After:


I just couldn't resist. :) Truthfully, Layla discovered how much fun my new floor pump is. She moved the handle as hiiiiigh as she could and then would slam it down to make the hissing sound from the end of the hose. That was 10 minutes worth of entertainment right there.

WFMW (Works For Me Wednesday): Speaking of entertainment, Easton and Layla are mesmerized by puppets on TV and even more astonished at them in real life. Kendra is very creative and witty with puppets. Layla decided to give it a try herself:


All she does is shake it violently up and down and say, "baa baa" over and over. Apparently the 4 Webbs are not quite ready to compete with the Trapp Family's "The Lonely Goatherd" puppet show. How's that for a blatant reference to the Sound of Music for my mom? :) If you don't have puppets, go get some. If you can't see yourself acting silly and speaking in ridiculous voices, give it a try. Even if you don't enjoy it, your kids certainly will!

Here is a rare close-up shot of Easton from the other day. The photo is very clear, Easton is looking directly at the camera, and he's showing his full set of pearly whites. He looks more like a young man every day.


Way Back Whensday:

I'll close out the blog with two pictures from way back when. The babies are 17 months old today and a here's a picture that really takes me back. I already long for the days when Layla would sleep right next to me so peacefully.


When I close my eyes and dig back into my memories of Easton it is hard for me to remember the moments when he fit so easily in my two hands.


Ah, those were the days!

Here is a my California IOU for my blog post tomorrow night (don't hold your breathe). The next real post will be this weekend when we settle into our home away from home in Sacramento.

Bye bye!

No comments: