Thursday, March 18, 2010

Tattletales

Hi friends and family,

I want to share one of the things I learned about kids whether you have one or two or twins or in my sister's case, 4. There are many unanswered questions. Every day there are more questions than answers. Not only questions about parenting and how to navigate this wild ride called, "family", but also questions for Easton and Layla. Not yet questions BY Easton and Layla although that is just around the corner.

The questions for Easton and Layla are actually starting to get easier and more defined. Prior to this month if we ask one of the twins, "what happened?" or "did he bite you?" or "did she take your Cheerios?" we were met with blank stares. Every 5 minutes was another Sherlock Holmes mystery to solve. Where is your cup? Why are you crying? Where is your boo-boo? Those kind of questions now result in answers... Haaaaaallelujah! (and the 4 Webbs rejoice) BUT that makes Easton and Layla Tattletales! For the past several days when either child does something wrong, the other is quick to get our attention and point it out. Especially if it is in their best interest to resolve whatever situation is being called into question.

Easton has really great verbal skills, but one of the funny idiosyncrasies is the way he asks to be picked up. He says, "I wanna pick you up?" That means he wants me to pick him up, but sounds really cute and sincere.

Summer is almost here! During this time of year the weather outside is mid-80's. That means it is slightly hot, but the pool is still frigid cold. The solution? A water table!


Relax... The brown thing Easton has in his hand is just a brown walrus squeaky toy. We don't have dogs. :)


The expression on his face speaks volumes about how well he shows happiness.


Layla thought it would be fun to get cups of water and dump them in the fountain. Since there was no harm in doing so I encouraged her to continue. Besides, the distance between the fountain and water table wore her out after several trips.


The moment following this next picture involved daddy getting soaked with two cups of cold water. I just laughed and screamed with them. This was an amplification of the standard bath time experience and we all loved it.


Everyone loved it except my back which is still talking to me begrudgingly about that activity. Oh well, at least I feel better today and am making progress! I was able to work for a few hours and join in for play time. My migraine headache is gone, my allergies are clearing up, and my fever is gone. That makes today 100 times better than yesterday.

And Kendra brought me home Ben and Jerry's Boston Cream Pie ice cream. How sweet.

See you soon!

2 comments:

Scott & Marisue said...

I'm loving Easton's pink crocs! Now he just needs some board shorts to match. :0)

The Four Webbs said...

That is so funny you caught that. I almost called that out in the blog post. Easton outgrew his Crocs so we gave him Layla's second, bigger pair and it worked out. Although you know how much i prefer pink AND blue on the appropriate girl and boy.