Saturday, March 20, 2010

funniest picture ever

Hey friends and faimly,

Here is my attempt at a Quinton Terintino type story. First, the ending scene. I don't think it would be possible to stage something this hilarious even if I tried. Easton with his finger's in his ears and Layla screaming and crying. Absolutely priceless!


If you know Easton and Layla, the picture makes complete sense and is humorous on so many levels. And now for the story leading up to the previous picture:

The 4 Webbs are doing well, but with injuries. Normally I intentionally avoid conversations revolving around ailments and health issues because it really bothers me when people dominate a conversation and waste an entire discussion describing everything physically wrong with them.

That being said, we are experiencing an unusually high volume and the complicating factor is that Kendra and I are both trying to get well while running the house and taking care of the twins and working. Kendra's back pain is a result of injuries from her half marathon that never healed properly. Hopefully one more week of therapy and massages and she'll be back to normal.

My back is healing well and I have planned doctor visits next week so i can work to reduce swelling and pain even more. I'm still able to interact with Easton and Layla, but I'm limited to whatever I can do while laying down next to them. Luckily reading throughout the day is one of those things.


The book is called, "Mi familia". It has english and the equivalent spanish sentences on each page. I have the twins repeat back the key words so they continue to hear and learn Spanish. With Hispanics overwhelming the country with population growth, the way I see it is: If you can't beat 'em, at least be able to communicate with 'em. I don't mean that in a racist way, but it's painfully obvious English is not being enforced as the national language and I choose not to fight city hall.

Anyway, back to our adventures. Birthday balloons are the gift that keeps on giving . Especially the mylar ones where they don't lose the helium after 24 hours. The Mickey Mouse balloon has survived 41 days! The way it survived in our house so much longer than the rest of the fallen soldiers is because the string broke off within the first day and it floated to the apex of our vaulted ceiling where it has hovered ever since. Each day Easton points it out and each day I say, "any day now that balloon is going to deflate and will be within reach. I gave up hope and brought out the mop as an extension pole to aide in my balloon rescue attempt. After wrestling mightily I handed it to Easton who was as excited as a freshly shaken 2 liter bottle of cola. After a few short moments he bursts out saying, "I wanna go outside, pwease. Take buhwoon outside, puuuhhwease!"


We walked outside and I brought Layla along. Within 2 seconds he threw the it in the air and the two of them bid the balloon a fair well for the next 2 minutes as they waved and talked to it until it was out of sight.

The touching part is, Easton requested I fetch the balloon daily for 41 days and all he wanted to do was set it free to fly up in the sky with the airplanes. He has such a sensitive heart. After reviewing the pictures in this blog I noticed Easton wore the same shirt two days in a row. Oh well, what can I say? Tomorrow is church so i know he'll be dressed in his Sunday best.

Easton is healthy and happy with no perceived injuries. Now, let's take a look at the last couple of days for Layla. Last night our friends came over and we ended up playing outside in our court because the weather is so nice already. Imagine that... Outside at night in shorts and a T-shirt in March! The question is: What happened to the baby in the stroller?


After running around outside Easton and Layla stayed up late playing with their friends. I call this picture, "The cooking cowgirls! Yeee-haw and pass the basil."


We started off at the park and she dumped sand all over herself, played on the playground equipment, and chased the ducks. I can't imagine a better definition of happiness than what she displays sliding down the slide.


Our neighborhood threw a block party this evening and the twins did exceptionally well with all the social interaction. One neighbor even had a bounce house in the front yard and you know how much Layla loves bouncing! She's our version of a little Tigger.


From there things went down hill for Layla, but it is mostly our fault as parents for not putting long pants and a long shirt on Layla. She ran around the court playing soccer, pushing the bus, chasing kids, and ran and ran and ran. She also fell on the pavement. many times. Her reflexes are good enough to catch herself, but not enough to prevent road rash.

We finally put her long pants on, but it was too late. I feel incredibly bad about her scratched up knees. It would have been so easy to change her outfit to be long enough to prevent the scratches. However, with my back problems putting me out of commission as a partner in parenting and Kendra's involvement in the block party, we just neglected to do so.

Even after such an eventful day I had to literally put her over my shoulder and carry her inside for bath time because she wanted to stay and play. She didn't realize how much her boo-boos hurt until I put her in the warm bath water and that's when she started crying intensely. So much that Easton decided to put his fingers in his ears. He just sat there calmly as Layla cried and survived as I washed her boo-boos with soap.

Talk about a full weekend? Oh yeah... It's only Saturday night and we have all day tomorrow!

See you soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i without a doubt love your writing kind, very interesting,
don't quit and keep penning because it just simply good worth to look through it,
excited to look at much of your current well written articles, enjoy your day :)