Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Daddy's B-day

Hey! I thought this was MY birthday? Easton and Layla associate birthdays with cake so much they are synonymous. They gobbled up the burritos for dinner knowing cake was waiting. I can’t say I blame them either!


The video clip is Easton and Layla half-heartedly singing happy birthday to me while vehemently requesting apple juice. The part I love about this is how Easton pretends to blow the candles out as a part of the birthday song experience.



Ah, that's more like it! A homemade, hand painted sign from Easton and Layla... That really put a smile on my face this morning when I woke up. Also, the excitement of the twins as they gave me big hugs and "happy birthday" wishes before I headed off to work.


And I was more than happy to share my delicious homemade chocolate, chocolate chip double layer cake with chocolate icing. Kendra made it with cupcakes and spread the icing across them in the design of a bicycle. I'm on a sugar rush right now that will keep me awake until 2:00 AM.


The easel Nana bought the twins for their birthday came in handy to send birthday wishes from the chalk board with love.


I had a full day of work and then spent the afternoon hanging out with the 4 Webbs at home playing, singing, and dancing. Exactly as I requested... no fanfare or expensive gifts or large group gathering, just a low key celebration with the 4 of us was all I wanted.

I'm not sure if my desire to have a low-key birthday is because I'm getting old or because my Uncle Dave passed away on March 1st, 2008. My past 3 birthdays have been extremely muted because sadly enough I'm still mourning his passing away. On a more humorous or reflective note, here's a picture from 13 years ago back when I was a stallion and Dave was alive:


For Uncle Dave:
Thought of you with love today, but that is nothing new.
I thought about you yesterday and days before that too.
I think of you in silence, I often speak your name.
All I have are memories and your picture in a frame.
Your memory is my keepsake, with which I’ll never part.
The heavens have you in their keeping; I have you in my heart.

See you soon.

No comments: