Thursday, February 19, 2009

Everybody dance

Greetings friends!

I sit here alone tonight because Kendra is out dancing with her girlfriends for one of their birthdays. She magically transformed for the occasion! One minute I see her in the every-day-look: pony tail, pajama bottoms, and a tank top that should have been thrown away 4 years ago. The next minute she has makeup, a sassy hair-do, and a flashy top that lured me in like a shiny spinner bait does to a bass. See, i haven't completely forgotten my farmboy roots. I still make fishing related analogies... Anyway, they went out for dinner and dancing, which is her perfect idea of a fun evening out. I'm sure she'll have a great time. Speaking of dancing, we discovered today Easton is the musician and Layla is the dancer. We have music on in the house about half the time they are awake and Kendra dances and sings for their entertainment regularly. Apparently it's rubbing off because Layla is starting to get into the groove. Easton knows to push the little button on the toy so it will play a song.



We also entertained the twins today as they ate bananas in their high chair. We were being silly and chased each other around the island. The twins were squirting banana out of the sides of their mouth from giggling so much. Kendra wanted to wear out Easton and Layla so we went to the park. Easton wore himself out trying not to touch the "icky green leaves"


and Layla wore herself out chasing ducks. Poor little defenseless ducks. They eventually jumped into the pond where it's safe.


I also caught a picture of her walking back towards us with her determined, happy look.


Please don't say anything about her shoes being on the wrong feet. That's daddy's fault and I'm still learning, OK? I haven't had velcro shoes since Mom bought me Zips back in the 80s. <--- The link will take you to an actual commercial for Zips in case you don't know what they are. I find myself laying down on the cold tile floor at least once a day because the twins really like crawling around playfully attacking me... Especially Layla.


This next picture is from Kendra's mom's group this week. She convinced them to meet at our neighborhood park and it sounds like they all had a great time there. Since I wasn't invited (moms only) and not there to help out, Kendra had to keep the twins in their stroller most of the time.


Have a great weekend and see you again soon.

1 comment:

Face Painting By Tam said...

Okay, the only thing funnier than remembering ZIPS sneakers is remembering Will Smith's reference to them in "Parents Just Don't Understand." Check it out 1 minute into the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acbkMGEjzrE

tam