Tuesday, February 24, 2009

bed head

You know how messy hair is when you wake up in the morning? Well, imagine waking up THREE times per day! This is what the third wake up of the day looked like for Layla with her dazed and confused look:


and Easton's half-mullet is wild and crazy, but he still maintains his ear to ear smile.


One of my favorite moments of every day is walking into their room after a nap. The moment just after they've woke up enough to happily chat with each other across the room, but just before they start getting fussy and crying. Layla holds onto the top of the crib rail and bobs up and down as if she's going to take off like a rocket ship at any minute.

We caught a picture of Layla's latest trick where we ask her, "where is your pretty?" referring to her bracelet and she holds up her wrist to show it off. She doesn't look all that happy in this picture, but she normally lights up like the sun because she's so excited about her bracelet.


As a side note, she usually gets her bracelet clogged up with bits of food because she wipes her arm back and forth across her sticky high chair top to indicate she is officially done eating. yuk...

Anyway, I want to say thanks for the helpful comment from Liana about buying clothes in advance of the season. The idea makes sense, but takes a lot of planning. Considering our babies have been at the 50th percentile since they were only weeks old, I guess that means we can project fairly well what size to buy. I love the sales rack though, so i'll have to search for items for the year ahead. As for the pajamas, I'm not sure the problem is they were out of season or if they just don't make very many varieties of what I want. probably a little of both.

Tomorrow night is officially the last meeting with our One Month to Live challenge group and I'm sad the 6-week schedule is already over. I've had such a great time leading and participating and getting to know so many new people. No doubt we'll do it again in the future for whatever the next topic turns out to be.

Next week will be somewhat difficult for me since my Uncle Dave passed away one year ago March 1. And then, of course, my birthday as well. I'm not looking forward to either one of those days, but life goes on and time keeps ticking away so I'll make the most of it!

I've got to head to bed because Thing 1 and Thing 2 will be ready for oatmeal at 7:00 AM sharp no matter how late I stay up. :)

Have a great weekend!

No comments: