Friday, October 17, 2008

Cribs Lowered

Hello baby lovers,

Happy weekend to you all and may you relax in peace. The 4 Webbs are doing well, but we are sharing more than "love" here in our household. We're sharing in sickness too! 3 out of 4 Webbs are sick. I am the last of the Mohicans to avoid catching the sniffles. Those of you who were at my wedding may remember my nervous demeanor and shaky voice as I said, "In sickness and in health". Subconsciously I was thinking ahead to this moment in time where i'd be taking care of Kendra AND the twins! :) The symptoms are not all that bad and everyone is still sleeping through the night. Just some runny noses and a few coughs here and there. Easton is just a little more ho-hum than normal and Layla isn't letting a little sickness slow her down at all. Spirits are still high around here and we're hoping to get every back to healthy over the weekend. You think I'm kidding? Here's a video clip showing all of us laughing for Oma and Opa while chatting with them via Skype:



That's one my favorite clips of all times! Layla is so happy and so intense. While I'm thinking about it, I have to clarify the names we considered for Easton. As Dustin pointed out in the comment for our last blog, Kobe was only a frontrunner in my mind. Here's a picture of me 5 years ago with my brand new set of Kobe sneakers with my Kobe poster in the background:


Kendra was looking over my shoulder as I wrote the last blog and she firmly requested I remove that name from the list. I responded with, "this is MY blog post. Feel free to post your own thoughts if you choose to do so! In the famous words of Captain Barbossa, 'I am disinclined to acquiesce to your request. Means no." Those kind of sarcastic responses don't go over well with Mommy, but she gives me some latitude to kid around with her without taking things too seriously. Anyway, to make a short story long, as a Lakers fan I seriously considered Kobe, but Kendra was almost offended I would even mention such an abomination as a name for our first born son.

OK, so back to the twins and what's new. The title of the post comes from the fact that we had to lower Easton's crib last night because he is now standing up on his own in the crib!


Over the past few days we noticed a trend when we put Layla and Easton down for nap time: They don't sleep. We lay them down, give them Nunu blanket, and leave the room. As soon as we leave the room they both stand up in their cribs and talk across the room at each other with shrieks and laughs. Kendra and I just look at each other and laugh along with them because it is so funny to hear them communicating. It's hard to see their little heads and hands poking up above the cribs, but here's a picture from when I caught them red-handed:


and for those of you who can see the videos, here's video #2 for this post that shows Easton and Layla BOTH standing up in their cribs talking to (shrieking at) each other instead of sleeping during their afternoon nap.



I forgot to mention and post the picture from Kendra's soccer game this past Monday. Her teammates, Jenn (on the left) and Kendra (on the right) were asking us to bring the babies once so the team can see them so we decided to bundle up the babies and head out to the field. In case you are wondering, that last sentence is not a typo. There is another girl named Kendra on my wife's soccer team. Anyway, we arrived at the field and were getting ready to put their jackets on since it was getting chilly. I asked Kendra where she put them and she said, "where did YOU put them?" Doh! Both of us forgot to grab their jackets so we used whatever was in the car to keep them warm... A shopping basket cover to be exact. See that blue thing in front of Layla?


Yep, that's the shopping cart cover. I felt like a dope wrapping up the babies in that thing, but it kept us warm for about 30 minutes while Mommy kicked the ball around with her friends. Oh well... As my Uncle Dave used to say, "You can't have adventures unless you go adventuring!"

I'll leave you with that thought as you plan your weekend. Good luck and happy adventuring!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bronson and Kendra!
Enjoyed the pics and videos soooooo much! By the way, just to keep things straight, I thought of the Bronson name before I went to the hospital with you but it did come from the TV show, Then Came Bronson. I'm starting to pack stuff for our trip. I'ts into the 60's for highs here but I'll try to bring light weight clothes for us. God is good, all the time!
Love ya gobs,
MOM - MA