Saturday, January 30, 2010

Full time Daddy

Greetings Earthlings,

Kendra is at the women's retreat and that means I am pulling 48 hours straight of full time daddy duty.

I decided to document my thoughts on video as a parody after seeing how well it worked out for the guy in Avatar as well as multiple entries on the Starship Enterprise over the years.

Daddy’s log 0000000001.



In case the video doesn't work, I wrote it down:

I’m 22 hours into the 48 hour mission to keep the twins alive. I survived bath time, sleep and a trip to the park with no fatalities. Easton ended up with mulch in his diaper, but he's a trooper so I’m not too worried.

The twins are very demanding! They forced my hand to go to What-a-burger and asked for it by name. I may have mentioned it casually while driving home, but whatever the case.

They threatened to poop during their nap time and i'm fairly certain they'll follow through with that one whether we go to What-a-burger or not.

We’re almost out of animal crackers, apple juice, and goldfish crackers. I my have to resort to saltines unless supplies arrive soon.

The house is a disaster area, but I’m convinced there are 10 other kids running around here messing things up when I’m not looking.

I'm tempted to call my friend just so I can have a conversation with someone who doesn't sound like Elmer Fudd.

~ End Daddy's Log ~

In all seriousness, I've had a great time hanging out with Easton and Layla. They are following directions better all the time, which makes for much more enjoyable adventures. I didn't even have to pull out my last resort ace-in-the-hole... bubbles. I always kept that in my bag of tricks in case a dull moment turned into boredom, but luckily it never required.

The other component of the weekend contributing to the overall success of the "mission" is my friend David and his boy/girl twins. We hung out last night for a while as well as this afternoon's outing to Bass Pro Shops and fish tacos. I owe them a big "Thank you" for helping out and spending time together.

I bought the new camera, so my next post will contain some test pics as I work to dial it in. I'll post one final picture from the trusty, old SD1000. Layla is able to hold on to my neck as she rides me like a mule. Easton tried, but wasn't excited about the idea of bumping around the living room like that.


That camera has dutifully survived over 15,000 pictures + videos as I've posted to the blog for the past 2 years. Like Allen Iverson, no matter how great, you gotta know when to retire. I believe the SD1000 will turn into Layla's camera and we'll let her use that one to take more humorous pics and videos of her own from behind the lens.

Later!

No comments: