Sunday, January 17, 2010

All in a day

Howdy folks,

I am married to a half-marathon runner! Not many people can say that and I'm proud of Kendra for her accomplishment today. She has talked about doing this for years and decided to take the initiative to make it happen. She read books, kept logs, researched, asked friends, and took many other steps to prepare for the big event today. Way to go, Mommy!

I strolled Easton and Layla through the thousands (literally) of people to find Kendra after she finished the race and walked into the family reunion area. Because of the extraordinary amount of stimuli going on around the twins, I decided to post the after-we-arrived-home picture where Easton is holding her medal.


This morning we (all 4 Webbs) woke up at 4:15 AM and drove Kendra to the starting line. We left her there and I drove back home with plans for the day. First, Easton and Layla went back to bed for a couple of hours, then we ate breakfast and went to church. I am proud of myself for getting the three of us ready in time for church and actually going instead of whining about how it's hard to manage such an undertaking without Kendra around. Trust me, I thought seriously about using that excuse...

At home we played and ate. I did my best to entertain them and have some fun daddy time. I think this picture indicates success?


We tracked her progress online and then drove to the finish line area to pick her up. After walking a half mile (much less than a half-marathon thank goodness), I found her still standing and smiling as always. Knowing she did not hurt herself or experience any problems during the race was a huge relief for me. She looks really happy for someone who just ran 13.1 miles, don't you think?


I had just enough time to dump everyone off at home and then go to martial arts training. My black belt test is 11 days away so time is winding down for me to fine tune my abilities. Two hours of fighting left me blowing blood out of my nose for the rest of the afternoon. I consider that to be "minor" considering how sore Kendra must feel. :)

Tonight we celebrated by going out to dinner with our friends, Jason and April. I consider Jason to be MY friend just as much as Kendra considers April to be HER friend... So THERE! I set it up as a surprise to celebrate her big victory and it was nice to see Kendra feel special. While we waited for the food to arrive, Layla and Layla (that's their daughter's name also) were both getting restless. Jason and I were tasked with walking around outside with the two of them. We made three full laps around the building as we chased after those speedy toddlers. I did get them to slow down long enough to hold hands and smile though. They are becoming good friends as well and I think they are adorable.


I spent the rest of my night working on my black belt paper (5 pages of deep thoughts) and blogging. Now it is finally time for bed after being up since FOUR FIFTEEN this morning! Oh well... At least I get to go to work tomorrow bright and early so I can rest. Whew! what an excellent day. That's what adventures with twins are all about.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Kendra for running the half marathon! We are so proud of her for reaching the goal--such determination and perseverance will result in a sense of pride at the accomplishment. You, Bronson, are a real trooper to care for the twins during the whole process. It sure makes me proud of you for keeping in mind the great need that the twins have for "daddy time". Gotta babysitt for Lexi this afternoon. Kiss the babies for me. Gobs of love, MOM

The Four Webbs said...

Hey Ma, it always feels good to know you are proud of me. Kendra says thank you for the personal note as well. Have a great time with Lexi and the Brown's while we prepare for you to share the Nana experience with us here in AZ!