Wednesday, September 3, 2008

sand in my shoes

Good evening friends and family!

The 4 Webbs are doing great and we are just settling back into a routine. Kendra stayed home with the babies all day long for FIRST time in months. Every day for as long as I can remember we have always taken the babies out for a walk or shopping or errands or church at least once per day and sometime 5 or 6 times. In the car seat, then out of the car seat... They are very used to that routine. Layla usually has these loooong, continuous moans as she studies the tag for washing instructions hanging off her blanket. That can go on for sometime 30 seconds at a time! Easton falls asleep within the first 5 minutes of any given car ride and his head slumps forward regularly.

Anyway, today Kendra just chose to stay home and focus on the babies. They are sitting up all by themselves now for a few seconds at a time before flopping over to one side or the other. Easton looks like a little weeblewobble just before he loses balance and falls over...

Bath time is always fun for the twins because Kendra and I pretend to be really excited about the whole idea. Normally, at home, Kendra gets into the bathtub and then she scrubs the babies down with soap. Since this is a G-rated blog, I can't post THOSE pictures now can I... So I'll settle for these from GGs sink that we took last week. You can see Easton's extremely long eyelashes (he gets that from me)


Layla's picture was when she was very first placed into the sink. I know this because she is still dry... it takes her about 30 seconds to figure out she's in water and then she splashes around like a dolphin and laughs hysterically.


I'm wearing my sneakers today, which are the same ones in the picture below. After wearing them every day since we were on the beach, somehow i STILL have sand in between my toes even as I write this blog. You can click the link to see the music video of Dido (my favorite female artist) singing "Sand in my shoes". Every time I put my sneakers on I sing this song in my head now...
Not that I'm complaining! The gritty feeling is a nice reminder of the fun times we had on the beach and certainly no justification for whining about it. I wish I could have sand in my toes every day. Yes, I know... I live in the desert... but that's not the kind of sand I'm talking about. :) Kendra and I both love the beach and ocean so much. We'll definitely buy a beach house later in life after I make my first $5 million. Not sure exactly how to make that yet, but I'm open to ideas if you have any. We thought it would be fun to get a picture of all 8 of our feet in one picture. Sorry about the wedgies, babies... We had to hold you up somehow!


As for the housing post, I've decided against it. My opinions and years of research on the subject of real estate and housing don't really mean much in the grand scheme of things. Besides, it has nothing to do with Easton or Layla and that's what this blog is really about. :) Just know that we are slowly searching for the right time and opportunity to buy a house, whenever the right time is. Have you EVER heard a real estate agent say anything other than, "now is a great time to buy"? That's what I thought... Me neither.
If anyone really wants to hear our housing story of what we did, where we are now, and what we are looking for, then give me a call or let me know somehow. Otherwise i'll just continue to post about the most important things in our lives: Easton and Layla.

Thanks for the comment and following along with the blog, Dee! Kendra says, "Hello" and even though the twins have matching outfits proclaiming they rock, Easton and Layla say: YOU ROCK!


Bye bye

No comments: