Tuesday, September 2, 2008

dogpile on Easton

Greetings,

Do you have a question you'd like to ask or a comment? I've removed the hassle of posting comments now so you should be able to do it "anonymously" without having to register. I also removed the other step where you have to type the "anti-spam word", so it is VERY easy to do now. I really enjoy comments because it lets me know people are enjoying the blog and still interested in what's going on with the 4 Webbs! I'm sure some of you have questions about Easton and Layla or us or anything to do with our life, so feel free to post them as a comment and I'll be happy to address them!

It's back to work for daddy and back to solo mommy duties for Kendra. This is the first day in 10 weeks where Kendra has had no family around. Feel free to give her a call and provide some grown-up conversation to her day because Easton and Layla still aren't much company for her in the way of conversation. The long weekend proved to be a busier than expected, but only because we packed in so much and did it to ourselves.

Saturday was clean-the-house day so we did a full day of clean, the feed and play with babies for 2 hours, then repeat the cycle several times. Lately Easton and Layla are staying awake from 2:30 to 6:30 in the afternoon, which is good. We need to stretch out their awake times a little longer and eventually drop one of their naps. You'll have to ask the master scheduler (Kendra) about the details. I just do what I'm told... Frequently I ask her, "what time are the babies supposed to go to sleep?" or "What time are the babies supposed to eat?" and then take those as marching orders. Anyway, Saturday evening we invited Aunt Mary over to dinner at our place. She arrived in time to play with the babies for little while and then get them ready for bed. As Layla was winding down and getting sleepy, she sat on Mary's lap and listened intently as Mary read her two favorite books: "B is for Bear" and the one in this picture "Brown Bear".


Sunday started with a walk around the neighborhood. It didn't last long since the babies were already expecting to go to sleep in their nice, comfy beds at that time according to the schedule they've been on. After their nap we sat them in the bumbos for the twice-daily "people food" feedings. They are eating all kinds of breads and fruits and veggies with no problems. With the tray attachment on the front of the bumbo, the babies can sit and play with toys and food a lot longer. I gave Layla one of her teething rings and she immediately turned in the mad whapper. Flailing her arms and showing that intense, serious look on her face. I caught several funny pics of her beating the teething ring on her tray top and this one really shows the strength and focus she has. She's lightening fast too! I'm not sure there is an olympic event that requires this kind of motion, but maybe she'll win a gold medal in whapping some day if becomes popular enough.



The 4 Webbs spent Monday doing some serious research and running around town. We have our 60" Sony SXRD TV that produces a stunning 1080p picture. However, nothing creates that high of a resolution except Blu-Ray. Even our DirecTV picture, which is incredible already, doesn't send a full 1080p signal. Soooo.... When we went to Best Buy to get $10 worth of ink for our printer, we ended up leaving with a Sony Blu-Ray player. I've been researching these for several months waiting for the prices to come down. While we were in the store they made me an offer I couldn't refuse! We watched National Treasure 2 and we were both blown away by the clarity and perfection of the picture quality. That's way off topic, but if you have any HD questions, feel free to call me because (as usual) I did WAY more research than necessary on the topic...

The other thing we accomplished on Monday was house shopping, reseaching houses, and soul searching to figure out what we want to do. That's right, we're in the market for a house! My next blog will be all about housing and our situation, so stay tuned for a highly data driven and heavily opinionated post on real estate...


Easton is up on his hands and knees now so he'll be crawling soon and able to keep up a little better with Layla. while we were playing on the floor yesterday Layla was crawling around and ended up practically on top of Easton. She had her mouth on his forehead and was puching him in the back for no apparent reason. I caught her climbing on top of him here as she moved into position to take whatever toy he was playing with. Although her intention was to steal a toy, I'd label this picture, "dogpile on Easton"! I gotta figure out that red-eye reduction thingy on my camera.


Have a great week and stop by again soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi 4 Webbs!

I haven't been adding comments much at all, but want you to know that Auntie Dee checks the blog on a daily basis :). I just can't get enough of the two babies and look forward to a new post every morning before I have to start my work day...keep up the great work B!


Deanna

The Four Webbs said...

Hello Dee!

Thanks for the compliment and comment. I'm glad you enjoy seeing our cute babies as much as we enjoy having them! A picture of a happy baby is probably almost as good as a strong coffee in the morning...

:)