Monday, September 8, 2008

high chair is kinda big

Good evening!

It's your friendly baby blogger taking time out of my sleep schedule to fill you in on the latest with the 4 Webbs and hopefully get a smile or two from your face. It's been quite an emotional ride lately here with all of the changes in life. For starters, Wei Wei is going bye bye. That is his full name by the way... Wei Wei... He's been one of my best friends for the past several years. He's been a great mountain biking buddy, work out partner, and friend among other such associations. Here's a picture from our trip to Flagstaff last month where we camped out and celebrated his bachelor party.


Wei is the Chinese dude I have my arm around. See that valley faaaaaaarrrrr down to the left? Yep, we started there and hiked our skinny legs up to 12,500 ft. Anyways, we gave Wei the nickname "twinkie" because he's yellow on the outside (chinese) and white on the inside (american). We've shared many adventures and I'll miss him very much. He's taking a position within our company that requires him to move to Shanghai, China. He just got married two weeks ago, so he's got a lot of change coming his way in a short period of time. Kendra and I can certainly relate to that since our marriage started the same way!

The other change going on with us is that we've decided to give away our two kitties... :( It'll take us a few days to figure out exactly what to do, but the bottom line is that they have to go. My allergies are getting worse by the day almost and the allergy tests I went through confirm that I'm highly allergic to cats. Kendra is completely broken up about having to give them away, but she's supportive of my need to breathe and stop my nose from dripping like a faucet. Give Kendra a hug when you see her or at least a phone call if you're too far away because she's going to need some support dealing with the loss of the kitties. Here's a picture of Kobe, our 21 pound boy cat.


OK, enough of the sad news, now for some happy stuff. The babies had a great day today and were treated with a special visit from our neighbor, Marsha.


Easton and Layla and Kendra all three enjoyed her company and help. Kendra always looks forward to her coming over every week on Tuesday because they have such a fun time talking and playing.

Here's a couple of pictures of play time this evening as we waited for the magic 6 o'clock hour where the babies take their bottle and then go to sleep. I did a little self-portrait of the three of us as Layla was rocking back and forth and playing with her sippy cup.


Then I turned the camera and caught a good picture of Easton showing his super-advanced skills of sitting up well, grasping and holding the two plastic doughnuts, and looking intently at them as he ponders the chemical makeup of plastic. OK, maybe he was really thinking, "how can I fit both of these in my mouth at the same time?"


And finally, as the 4 Webbs were communicating with Oma through Skype, I caught a good video of Layla riding the jumperoo like a bucking bronco and me narrating with my best "Okie from Muskogee" accent.



We finally gave in and accepted the fact that our babies are outgrowing the bumbo with the tray. So I pulled out the screw driver and instruction manual and successfully put together one of the high chairs. Apparently Easton and Layla are at some in-between stage where they are too big for the bumbo, but too small for the high chair. That thing looks HUGE compared to Easton!


Have a great Wednesday and we'll see you again soon!

No comments: