Sunday, September 21, 2008

Best friends

Hi friends,

The weekend is already gone and I have mixed feelings about Monday morning. I'll miss spending solid hours at a time with Kendra and the babies as I head off to earn my paycheck at the salt mine. However, I'm looking forward to a break and a slower pace of life during the work week. I have no idea how Kendra manages the twins and the house and life so well by herself, but she does a great job. It's evident to me when I do my best to cover for her while she goes to the store or her soccer game or anywhere outside of the house for more than a few minutes. I think I'm getting the hang of it though.

Kendra went in to the babies room and found Layla is pulling herself up to the standing position in her crib on a regular basis. The picture is great, yet SO disheartening to see my lovely Layla looking sad with her eyes glazed and red from crying.


Doesn't she look like such a big girl?! Please pray for me to be strong when she's 3 years old and I need to tell her "no" for some reason. If she pulls this kind of stunt with the sniffling and pouty lip I'll need some strength to get through it and stand firm. :)

Today we decided to get in the pool to cool down and have some splashing fun. Layla and Easton laughed louder and longer and more intensely than ever before! Kendra and I held the twins facing outward from us and then faced each other so the babies were looking right at each other. They were fully aware of the other baby and splashed around for several minutes while pausing only long enough to catch their breath and then were at it again. They truly are becoming best friends... We moved the exersaucers together so the babies can swivel and talk to each other. They smile and make all kinds of crazy noises. My guess is they are currently formulating their own language and figuring out each other. Similar to "Close Encounter of the 3rd Kind" where the humans are playing tones and showing lights to the aliens and discovering common ways to communicate. Do DO do do DOOOooooo


We're in the process of shifting nap times now so the twins are awake longer each time. The idea is for their naps to last longer since we are cutting the frequency from 3 to 2 per day. We'll see how well this goes, but at almost 8 months old they should graduate to the next level of life without any issues.

The sad news for the 4 Webbs is our cats are gone. Sugar was accepted by the rescue we originally bought her from and Kobe is on display at petco waiting to be adopted. The rescue lady said he should have no problem being adopted because he's declawed, neutered, current on shots, and very mellow. If things don't work out, we may need to take him back into our house through the work week and then search for a family to adopt him over the weekends. Kendra has been depressed a little over the past week so I'm working on becoming more understanding of her during this time. I'm sure everything will work out fine, but it's just like any other change and loss that it takes time...

I'll leave you with a picture of Easton and Layla playing together where you can see Easton's two teeth as he smiles from ear to ear. Layla is drooling like crazy, but i'm sure it's hard to get past her big, mesmerizing eyes to notice. :)


Cheers to you for making it through another weekend and I hope you have a wonderful week!

No comments: