Tuesday, April 6, 2010

personal notes

Greetings friends and family,

I wanted to capture a video of the twins singing happy birthday to my sister, but Easton and Layla have more of an, "out of sight, out of mind" mentality at this age. In a post last week I detailed how we celebrated Landon's birthday on the farm. Because of that recent experience the twins believe any reference to birthday automatically brings up Landon. So here is Layla's rendition of Happy Birthday for my sister even though Layla clearly sings it to Landon who happened to be at our house hanging out.



There you go, Joanie! That was for you.

Kendra took the twins with her Mommy and Me group to the local farm/park. That’s a BIG camel compared to Princess and Hotdog.


I really wish there was a way to know what they were thinking… This next picture of Layla in the kiddie car reminds me of when Oma sat Layla on the back of their pickup truck bed last weekend. Layla looked at Oma and said, “I want to drive!”


Looks like Easton is setting himself up to be a Radar Intercept Officer. I’m sure he spent most of the playtime pretending to fly in the airplane structure.


When Oma and Opa were here the three of us played hide and seek with Easton and Layla outside. Not just once or twice, but for 30 minutes straight! Immediately after they would "find" us hiding behind cars and trees, Layla would put her head up in the air, close her eyes and start counting quickly from 1 to 10.


She would peek once or twice during that time and cheat a little to see where we were heading. Not sure I can reprimand her for that yet, but anyone who says kids are "pure and honest" is certainly a person who never had kids.

I'll close out this blog with some personal notes because this seems to be a good way to capture the adventures of the 4 Webbs, AND communicate with friends and family.

Wanda, I saw your 2 comments some time ago, but since the second one was a retraction of a first I decided not to post them. All comments get "approved" by me before being published and your second comment came in before I had a chance to approve the first. Anyway, I do appreciate hearing from you and thanks for the comments! Let us know when you'll be in AZ again and hopefully we can see you again in a planned fashion instead of passing randomly in the airport. :)

Aunt Mary, I've tried to call you for the past few weeks and all three phone numbers I have are either disconnected or busy or go to a voice mail. Call me, OK!

Ma, I love you very much and miss spending time with you and Pa. We're making our travel plans for the rest of the year and we need to figure out when we'll get together again because I need something to look forward to.

Grandma Friedrich, I'd like to have a picture of you to go along with our family photos. I have a polorioid in the photo album Mary made for me, but I don't want to take that out of the book since it is more of genealogy heirloom. Easton and Layla love to look at pictures and we go through everyone in the family regularly because they are finally starting to remember names and faces.

Marisue, can I announce the big news on my blog yet or what??? I'm waiting for permission.

And finally, to Kendra... I'm so happy with you as my wife and mother of our twins. I'll support you in whatever goals and dreams you have, but nothing you do is a disappointment to me. We learned in the iMarriage series that we should have zero expectations of each other. I know that's not easy or realistic, but I'm still working on that mindset as the goal in marriage.

See you soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the special song!! Yeah! I feel so loved. Layla, you make my Heart Sing!! Big love to you all. joanie

nana said...

You are invited home any time you want! Hopefully Thanksgiving or Christmas will be considered by you but any time is fine. MOM

Scott & Marisue said...

Permission granted, Bronson. Thanks for checking! :0) I'm thinking of you guys while here at the Disney World Resort in Orlando. I know the kids would go crazy here with Mickey, Minnie et al. You would need the jaws of life to pry Layla away from here! If you want me to pick anything up for you guys, let me know.