Saturday, April 24, 2010

Dear Mr. Sock Monster

Dear Mr. Sock Monster,

I don't know what you did with exactly HALF of Easton and Layla's socks, but please return them ASAP so we have the matching mate for our drawer-full of single socks.


Are you holding them for ransom? Is this some evil plot to rule the world one sock at a time? are you in cahoots with the clothes washing machine? Come on, there must be some way we can reach a compromise. I'll do almost anything to get a matching pair of socks...

Yucky Berry

Two things to point out in this picture on our way to the mailbox:

1. Easton is clutching what he calls "little Snow White". We have TWO Snow White dolls because having two of everything makes the world go 'round. Unfortunately, the two dolls are not the same in size, optional clothing, or consistency of the plastic. Also, the little one fits in his pocket... Today we had to declare a Snow White prohibition in the Webb house because he took such a liking to the little plastic doll. He simply refuses to share or depart from it under any circumstances. You'd think he found THE ring from the Lord of the Rings movie based on the way he guards it from Layla. We had to intervene... you know how it goes.

2. Layla figured out how to carry a purse. A couple of weeks ago she figured out it will stay on her shoulder if she holds her arm straight up above her head. However, this position limited her abilities and I'm sure she grew tired of holding it up in the air. She figured out how it fits neatly in the crook of her arm if she holds her forearm parallel to the ground. Way to go Layla!


I'm already preparing my response when she asks if she can have a tiny, real dog to hold in her purse.

Anyway,on our daily walk to the mailbox we pass the Yucky Berry tree. It has a name, but I don't know the formal name or the Latin derivation. Here is a close up of a marble-sized Yucky Berry.


Each time we pass I lift them up one at a time and let them pick one from the tree. Hence, the Yucky Berry tree is almost bare. I call them Yucky Berries because I want them to distinguish between the many edible berries we feed them such as strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, and blackberry. They know what the word "yucky" means from their appropriately titled book, "Yummy Yucky".

Easton's longest sentence to date comes from the daily habit. He says, "I want to pick you up for a Yucky Berry, Daddy?" That is his way of asking me to pick him up so he can pick one from the tree.

I just read there is a new Imax movie about space and I'd consider taking Easton. It is called, Imax Hubble. Unfortunately, Imax doesn't plan to show it at any theater in AZ.

Amazon diapers?

I smacked my forehead in the same way those "could have had a V-8" commercials used to show. I'm the first to suggest looking to the internet for all the answers in life and consumer purchases. However, somehow I missed the most important, costly purchase of the past two years: Diapers! My school friend on Facebook and Marisue have both recommended Amazon in the past week so there must be something to it. Even though Easton and Layla are both on the virge of potty training success, I still think it will be worthwhile to keep an eye out for coupons and specials online. There is also the added benefit the diapers are shipped directly to our house.

Babies R' Us = .24
Amazon = .24
Diapers.com = .26

Not too much difference, but if coupons are involved it could make it more cost efficient to buy online. Anyone else have different experiences?

3 comments:

Anna said...

I just wanted to let you know that I enjoy your posting so much,they are very entertaining. When the kids are older they will cherish this always.

Anonymous said...

Please let me know any more tricks you discover about the economy of diapers...since we're ready to buy again!! And, so sorry that the sock monster got you. My best advice is to always get ALL white, ALL the same kind of socks. Then, the only difference might be the brightness of white of the bottom of a sock--otherwise, they're all the same. At most there is ONE left over!! haha Monster is Managed!...IMHO, socks, as accessories are truly over-rated, anyway!! ha
joanie

Jenny86753oh9 said...

Had to laugh about Layla and her purse issues. Dude, I still have to hold my arm over my head to keep my purse on my shoulder. Nothing classy about it whatsoever. ...sigh...