Saturday, May 10, 2014

Wait, What Day Is It?

Oh yeah, day 4 and 5.  Howdy friends and family!

Kendra will be home soon!  We are doing well without her, but certainly ready for her to be home.  I'm navigating the ship well, but miss my first mate.  We talked a few times by phone and once by Skype.  Communication has been purposefully limited between us so she can focus on her Megan's bridal shower and bachelorette party.  Her purpose for being there is to disconnect from the day to day Mommy life.  Her secondary purpose is to spend time with friends and family.  Her tertiary purpose is to coordinate and throw her cousin's bridal shower and bachelorette party.  From what I can tell she's keeping those things in the proper order, which makes me very happy.

I took a break from the twins and went for a mountain bike ride.  I'm abusing Kendra's bike more than it's ever experienced while I make due without a bike, but it is a Specialized so I'm not worried about breaking it.  Her bike is too small, too heavy, and too squishy for me, but I was all smiles anyway.


It doesn't matter to me what I'm riding or where I'm riding.  Just getting out on the trail and climbing some hills really clears my mind.

That being said, if I had my choice of bikes I'd pick the Santa Cruz 5010. It is the ultimate dream bike.  I'm content to ride Kendra's bike, but I can still dream!   If anybody wants to buy me one I'll take a large, please.  I'll even take an aluminum version to knock $1,300 off the price compared to the carbon one.  I will have one of these some day.  It'll just take some time to save up more and wait for a used one to go on Craigslist.  :)


Saturday morning was supposed to be a time of sleeping in and being lazy.  Instead, Easton and Layla were both up and playing at 6:30!  The days of the twins sleeping 7pm-7am are probably over for good.  I can get them to bed by 7pm, but I'll pay for it the next morning with an early wake up.  I cooked breakfast as we rocked out to Capital Kings dance music.  They wanted to go for a hike so we did a new one on South Mountain called Telegraph Pass.  The climb up is really rocky and jagged, but they are skilled enough not to get tripped up.  I was relieved when we made it to the car without a single scrape or fall.  The views, nature sounds, and heart pounding exercise were a perfect way to start the day.


We picked up our friends, Ben and Trinity, who are 14 year old twins.  They spent the afternoon at our house playing.  I didn't take a single picture because I was either busy playing or busy relaxing.  Ben and Trinity and I put on an impromptu sock puppet theater for the twins.  We only made it through a few minutes before Easton stood up from the floor and attacked our hands.  Because there was no adult supervision to say, "please don't attack the sock puppets" it didn't last long.  I had to be the bad guy and deal out some consequences for the bad choices, but that comes with the territory as a Dad.  Especially when Mama is not home!

I took a twin-morph photo a year or so ago.  I updated it today, but will have to redo it because I couldn't get the angle and perspective to line up like I hoped it would.  They are twins, but putting them together makes the differences very noticeable.


Tomorrow is Mother's Day and I'm happy Kendra is able to spend it with her mother and without us!

See you soon.



No comments: