Sunday, May 18, 2014

4 Days of Kindergarten Left!

Greetings friends and family,

And the countdown is on...  4 more school days left in kindergarten.  That blows my mind to think i'll never go through kindergarten again with my child.  There are two sides to every coin and the blessing of only having to go through each stage once is also the realization that I only get to go through each stage once!

during conversations with Easton or Layla, Kendra and I look at each other daily and giggle.  We are both thinking, without saying a word, "can you believe the grown up mannerisms and deep sentences coming out of our kid's mouth?"  They are so much fun and I am humbled daily when I think of the pleasure it is to parent these two.

Their friend Kayla came over because her parents wanted to go see a non-animated movie.  We've asked them to watch the twins a few times before as well so this give and take "free" baby sitting is working out very well.  I've been wanting to do this for years, but it takes a while to develop strong enough friendships that you can just dump your kid(s) off at their house and go do something.

Anyway, I walked with them to the playground during the hot, twilight hour.  It was toasty, but they didn't care.  As you can see they are all smiles just having a ball being kids.  I'm relieved at their social skills and kind-hearted nature.


Kendra took the twins to the mall while I facilitated a men's mentoring group at our house.  Kendra had her purse ready to go and Layla strapped hers on the same way.  kendra told Layla her bag was too big, but I giggled when I noticed it was the pot calling the kettle black.  The apple doesn't fall far from the fashion tree, does it.


When I took Layla out for a daddy date she let me help her pick out the outfit.  We found a dress that matches her bag along with the headband and even shoes.  She was stylin' and proud of it.  Pink all the things!


Kendra and I both noticed the same list of chores on a friend's facebook post.  It caught my attention because I'm always interested in seeing process laid out.  This seems like a good list of chores for kids of each age.  I know it isn't perfect or a complete list, but it's nice to have this as a template to modify and put into  practice.


I shouldn't be bothered, but I am, when people post things on Facebook that are great ideas or meaningful quotes, but then... nothing.  i see their life, their kitchen, their reactions, and it doesn't line up with what they gleefully cheered on their posts.  I'm just not like that, which seems to be abnormal.  I'm OK with abnormal.  I want to see a list like this and not only think it's a great idea, but actually do something with it.  Even if doing something is just giving it the ole' college try to see how it plays out.  what's the worst that could happen?

I noticed things were too quiet, if you know what I mean.  Instead of yelling through the house I decided to go see what uno and dos were up to.  I heard their voices and found them sitting on top of the library book bag by the front door.  They were squeezed into this little spot taking turns reading.  This brotherly and sisterly love makes my heart happy because I didn't have to tell them what to do.  they just naturally play with each other and include one another in whatever playtime they have.  Layla plays legos with Easton and Easton plays kitchen and puppies with Layla.


At bedtime Layla asked if she could carry her baby to bed when i carry her to bed.  As we prepared her bed for sleepy time Layla put her twins in their bassinet right by her pillow.  She's going to make a wonderful mother someday and I hope she gets to experience having twins.  :)


We are all giddy like kids on Christmas eve because school is almost over and that means summer fun is almost here.  Our entire summer is planned out with 4 days between the time our adventures are over and the first day of first grade for the twins.  It'll be a whirlwind, but I can't wait to have big stretches of family time with the 4 Webbs and our family.

See you soon!

No comments: