Monday, May 23, 2011

Two little pigs

Hi friends and family,

Easton and Layla dove head-long into the stage where certain words are hysterically funny. My job is to balance having a good time with denouncing name calling. For example, they called me "diaper, diaper Daddy" and giggled like crazy. I have to fight back my own laughs and stop their hyperventilating long enough to point out how name calling isn't acceptable. I took them to OfficeMax to buy a new roller mat for my desk. Easton called it "Bees Wax" and the three of us laughed all the way into the store, through it, and back out to the car as we repeatedly said, "BEES WAX!".

I really blew their minds on the way home by throwing out a tongue twister from when I was a kid: "Catalina Magdalena Hoopensteiner Wallendiner Hogan Logan Bogan Was Her Name". They giggled and asked me to sing the one-liner over and over again. I thought it was called "Catalina Madalina" but Google displayed some goofy unrelated sites when I tried to search for it. I'll have to ask my Ma or Joanie for the correct translation and tune.

Drama and theater are getting some traction around our house also. We read, "The three little pigs" to them since they were babies so getting them to act out and participate in a little mini-drama was easy. It's a work in progress. Since we only have two little pigs there are only two houses (our house and Easton's tent in his room) to blow down. We're still working on the last act in the play where Easton and Layla go to Layla's strong tent where I can't blow it down. It's a start.



Easton asked to dress himself this morning and I had to deny his request to wear the T-Rex fossil shirt for the fifth day in a row.

Kendra took the twins to Great Play for an hour of fun today. I bought some passes through Groupon a long time ago. I was busy working, but Kendra said Easton and Layla told her it was the best day of their life. I'm not exaggerating either. Kendra was impressed by the place and said it similar to The Little Gym, but much more interactive and technologically advanced. Is it worth $240 for 8 weeks of fun for the twins? No, but still worth a visit to experience something new. It's all about the adventures...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom/Grandma's version isn't the same, but Big Smith's version is hysterical. Your kids would love this entire silly CD:
http://www.bigsmithband.com/hagalenamagalenalyrics.html

This CD has all of the wacky hillbilly songs all in one place...and a few new ones that will make your kids crack up. You should own it for your road trips!
--joanie

The Four Webbs said...

Thanks, Joanie! I thought you may have pulled that one off the shelf sometime in the past few years.

Anonymous said...

Grandma's version:> ??/Mom's version???

Catalina, Battalina, Hooten-strawna Donna-Wanna, Hoka-Polka-Noka was her Name!!

It came to me and now, I can't get it off my brain!!--joanie