Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Party Like It's 1985

Hello friends and family,

Congratulations to my friend, Jason, for almost graduating with his Masters. We've been friends for a few years, but only due to sheer will power. We eek out an hour here and there to hang out in between his work, family, school, and other obligations. I don't know how he survives, but I remember how important it was to schedule time with a friend when I was in my MBA program. Some weeks, my Tuesday night tacos with Uncle Dave was what I looked forward to the most. Anyway, I'm excited for him to fully finish school in a couple of months so we can spend consecutive hours doing something fun. Maybe even more than two hours? That's crazy talk...

The 4 Webbs gladly joined his celebration dinner. I involuntarily volunteered to keep the twins occupied in the near by park while we waited for the meals.


The biggest marble I've ever seen rested in a perfectly shaped flowing fountain. We spun the massive ball end over end and all around as the twins felt the water run through their fingers.


Then the next day we celebrated April (and Kendra's) birthday with an 80's themed party. We had posters and music and food from that decade. The funniest part of the night was how we all dressed up in 80's costumes.


Exactly as the birthday girls requested. All four couples had an awesome time being silly. We even went out in public on a scavenger hunt. Not just "in" public though. I'm talking about walking through Target, movie theaters, and Burger Kings. Really brave of us to join in on such adventures.

Layla and I went to the supermarket for some errands, just the two of us. She found a $2 jewelry set and I was happy to get it for her. I was happy until we arrived home and she put the clip-on earrings on her ears. She announced, "Dad, I got my ears pierced!" I knew that wasn't true, but the reality of her wearing jewelry and getting her ears pierced some day hit me hard. She's not even a toddler anymore. She's my little princess.


Easton is clearly more interested in building train tracks and dumping water than counting from one to ten. The contrast between he and Layla is almost comical. He's learning quickly about the mechanics of working with his hands and he obviously enjoys it.


For Mother's Day the church provided the stuff for Easton and Layla to make a hand print on paper as a gift for Kendra. Layla jumped right in and smashed her hands in the paint and then on the paper. However, Easton didn't want to get his hands yucky so he drew a tornado with Crayons instead.

Layla loves flowers no matter how big or small. she plucked a tiny bud from the nearby bush and is holding it up next to her cute face.


Following directions is starting to catch on, but progress is extremely slow. I told Easton to put his arm around Layla and asked both of them to hold still and smile. To my amazement they actually did it!


I'm looking forward to more compliance with our parental requests as well. No matter how good the twins are, there is a need for instruction and correction so they know what is right, what is wrong, and what is expected of them. Sure is easier said than done.

See you soon!

No comments: