Friday, May 13, 2011

Thanks, Blogger.com

For the past two days I attempted to write a blog post, but the blogger.com website was inaccessible. arrrrrgh! Oh well. Even though I'm disappointed in the outage as well as other minor difficulties I have no plans to move to another blog site. I'm too busy with life and writing blogs to do a solid assessment and comparison of other blogging sites.

Ok, enough complaining. Summer is here and the Webb’s pool is open for business! We have twins, Tam and David have twins, and Marisue and Scott have twins. That bond alone is enough for us to be friends with those two families, but even if none of us had any kids, we would still be very good friends with both of those couples because they are so cool. After spending Saturday evening together at the 80s party and church on Sunday morning we still wanted to be around them so we got together on Sunday afternoon for a Mother’s day potluck.

Dean and Danny were the honorable guests working on their core strength as we cheered them on.


The rest of us were outside soaking in the sun and chlorine.


I was the only adult in the pool because the others were too chicken to join us. That’s right… I called them all chickens! Maybe next time they’ll join me when the water temperature gets above 90.

Easton is getting a serious boost of courage lately. The proof is in his desire and execution of various new achievements such as jumping in the pool, floating on his back, dunking his head under the water, etc. It’s going to be a fun, fun summer with these two fish of mine.


I have to admit it was a bit chilly with a slight breeze. Once the kids exited the pool they were shivering and looking for their blanket or towel. David was more than happy to huddle up with all the kids and help them warm up. I call this picture, “the triple double”:


There is some irony in the name because on that same day my Lakers lost in the playoffs, which ended their quest for a 3rd championship in a row (boohoo).

Layla is ready to begin a dance class. We know this because she wears her ballerina outfits every single day and twirls around as the classical music plays. She is so charming. :)


I took a 3-day trip to Oregon for work and left Kendra alone with the twins. I missed all three of them terribly and the best part of my trip was seeing Easton and Layla’s faces when I came through the door.

I’m in the middle of reading the book, “Raising a modern day knight”. What a powerful book full of truth and direction. Here is one of the most striking guiding principles I noted so far: “A boy becomes a man in the presence of a clear vision of manhood”. The book details what is missing from our society and culture as well as a clear path for how to impart manhood and when.

It’s never too young to role model behaviors in front of children. Here are the principles of manhood: A real man rejects passivity, accepts responsibility, leads courageously, and expects the greater reward. That might not mean much to you, but the book describes each of those in enough detail that I understand it enough to work with those concepts.

See you soon!

No comments: