Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Princesses on Ice

Greetings friends and family,

April kindly took pictures and sent them to me. I congratulate her on jumping to a whole new level of coolness in my eyes. Not many chicks are tech savvy enough to upload a batch of photos to dropbox and provide a link to them. Well done, fellow nerd.

While Easton and I were neck-deep in dinosaurs and natural history Kendra took Layla to see Disney on Ice - Princess Classics. The two of them along with April and Layla Ruth had a "magical" time.

Since I wasn't there I don't have many comments, but here are a bunch of pictures Layla and I looked through together. She described every princess and character as well as what they were doing and singing.

This is the "before" picture in case one of them got lost in the auditorium. I can imagine in a crowd like it wouldn't help to describe a lost child as "the girl with the princess dress".


Kendra said the set and stage were amazing. It was up to the standards of what they expect from Disney.


Bright-eyed Layla's attention was well maintained by the action on the ice. No problem with boredom or sleepiness when all of that excitement was happening on the ice.


Layla's favorites were Jasmine and Snow White.


For some strange reason Layla is singing "whistle while you work" every day lately.


I asked Layla what she was doing in this next picture. She said, "I was whispering a secret to Layla Ruth". She wouldn't tell me what the secret was, but I'm ok with that as long as she was enjoying the experience.


Just looking at the pictures makes it easy to see how the kids were overwhelmed by princess overdose.


And of course, the obligatory wardrobe change... Now I can expect the same behavior during dress up at the Casa de Webb.


I wish I were there to watch Layla enjoy herself and see what graceful ice skating is all about for the first time. At least I have pictures! Kendra's willingness to jump on the tickets when they were available is commendable. I like that she is willing to try new things and take some risks with out-of-the-blue adventures.

See you soon!

No comments: