Monday, May 17, 2010

You're getting verrrrry sleepy

Howdy friends and family,

I'm in the middle of the busiest work week in my 13 year career. I'm happy with 5 hours of sleep each night lately, but who needs sleep anyway? What a colossal waste of time... Besides, I've delegated sleeping to Easton and Layla.


Is that not the most peaceful thing you've ever seen?


They sleep soundly from 8 PM to 7 AM like clock-work. Layla decided she is going to skip every other day for nap time. The plus side is that Easton gets peace and quiet during his nap and Kendra gets mommy-daughter one on one time.

We live in Arizona where there are copious amounts of sand. Therefore, we play in it.


However, because the twins dump it on themselves we ONLY play in the sand right before bath time where I dump the sand out of their diapers as we walk in the door towards the bath.

If I had a nickel for every time I said _______, I'd be rich:

"I wonder where she gets THAT from?"
"He needs his diaper changed, BIG TIME."
"Don't touch that."
"Brother is crying because you tackled him... again"
“MMMmmm! This <> sure tastes great! Now YOU eat it.”
“Yes, I’ll sit down and play trains with you.”
"Layla is a beauuuuuutiful princess."

This video clip shows the impact of saying the last one over and over again. She starts to believe it is true! Imagine that...



Normally she says, "and daddy is the KING!", but since we were just singing the "Following the leader" song from Peter Pan she says I am the leader. Either one works for me.

Hey! Those are DADDY'S shoes... but they do match your outfit, so go for it.


Guess who carried the Tinkerbell umbrella home from the mailbox? That would be me. It's so hard to say no when Layla stands in front of me saying, "can I take the kite please? can I? Huh?" Of course the impeccable timing of my neighbors walking by is humorous because I still get a little embarrassed. The concept of it being acceptable for me to carry dolls and purses and pink umbrellas around is still sinking in.


The 4 Webbs made a special trip to Dairy Queen so I could get my Peanut Buster Parfait. As you can see Easton obviously found enjoyment from the outing. He slowly licked his ice cream cone. So slowly Kendra had to keep taking it from him and licking the drips before they dropped.


Layla is becoming overly brave and daring. She has no fear.


Although when we approached the firemen who then gave us cool hats Layla was a little hesitant about sitting in the doorway of the monstrous fire truck. Easton loved it and the firemen said he was an awesome little boy.



We are planning to take Kendra's home-made cookies to the firemen at the local station this coming Saturday. They offered to give us a tour of the place! I'm really looking forward to it already.

What I like about this next picture is how much it shows Layla's resemblance to Kendra. Looks more like her every day!

And it warms my heart to know she ACTS more like mommy every day.

Time for my 5 hour shift in bed. I hope this work thing lets up soon because I'm missing out on the morning breakfast routine with the other 3 Webbs.

See you soon!

2 comments:

Scott & Marisue said...

Wow! The picture of Kendra and Layla is great. Kendra! You look gorgeous in that picture. I Think it is rare that a picture captures what a person really looks like but this one did it!

The Four Webbs said...

You're right Marisue! It wasn't candid in any way though. I gave her serveral seconds to check her teeth, brush back her hair and move into position. Both of their pretty smiles are all natural though. :)