Friday, May 7, 2010

Debit or Credit?

Hey friends and family,

The 4 Webbs are relieved and rejoicing over cousin Daphne's traumatic experience over the past two days. I've been keeping up through text messages and phone calls, but feel a little helpless since I can't be there in person to be supportive. Daphne experience two separate episodes of some unknown issues which resulted in symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Luckily all of the testing came back normal and they didn't find anything wrong with her. She is doing fine, but it was quite a scare for my sister and the new baby still in her belly. She's due in a few weeks so there is a lot to pray for with her family to stay healthy and whole.

You know how grocery carts say do not allow a child to stand in the basket? Well, what else am I supposed to do with twins when the "double wide car" cart is already in use somewhere in the grocery store?


At the bank, Layla wanted to swipe my debit card because she saw me do it. I guess this is officially her first transaction. It's never too early to build credit as long as it is used wisely! Layla is no longer interested in the puppy leash. She refuses to sit in the front and even if she agreed, there's only room for one kid... Easton!


He's happy just sitting still in the front seat. Although he found some chocolate crusty piece of food in the cup holder. By "found" I mean, he stuck his fingers in the cup holder, stared at the chocolate goop on his finger, and then put it in his mouth. All clean now! Good job, Big Time.

Kendra regularly points at Easton and says, "He needs his diaper changed... big time!" So now I started calling him, "Big Time". I call him Easton and use his real name frequently in conversation, but we've developed a huge list of nicknames:

Big Time
Hot Dog
Prince Easton (Daddy is the KINNNNNNG)
Monkey

Layla is our beautiful princess. She calls herself this on a daily basis. Pink apron, white princess shoes, and... a camera?

She has my old, old camera and loves to take pictures and movies of everything. unfortunately she also drops it on the tile like a rock in the yard once she is done playing with it. The descriptive words, "old, old" were for Oma's sake.

Kendra and I went to see Phil Wickham in concert. Yeah, it was as awesome as this picture looks:


1800 people fit comfortably in the auditorium. We had an amazing time with our group of friends in the sea of people. Kendra and April were singing along and joining in the excitement like teenagers at an Elvis concert. They did stop momentarily to pose for the picture with their runway model smiles.


What evening would be complete without a trip to the park? I didn't know Kendra took them to this exact same park earlier in the day, but I'm certain the twins didn't mind one bit. Easton laughed as if he were being tickled because he had so much fun swinging.


I noticed in this next picture of Layla her hair is long enough to be blowing in the wind as she swooshed by in the swing.


I also see her snotty nose (boooooo). She's not feeling well for the past couple of days, but it seems like a common cold. So common Kendra even caught it. common really means communal. Although, I'm feeling surprisingly well and plan to go for a mountain bike ride bright and early Saturday morning before the twins wake up. You make time for what's important, right?

No comments: