Saturday, May 15, 2010

umbrellas in Arizona?

Craigslist is awesome. We bought a used, bigger slide to appease the 2 year old adrenaline junkies. We will sell the old slide and break even on the deal. Maybe even make a few bucks! Know anyone who wants to buy a slide? It's been heavily used and abused...

Kendra bought the twins umbrellas. We don't own umbrellas and never had on for the 8 years we've lived in Arizona. We see rain so rarely that when it does rain we run outside and happily get soaked. I'm sure Kendra bought it for them as SUN shades, not rain protective gear, but it just seems odd to me either way. I thought only asians use umbrellas as sun shades?

Anyway, Layla is thrilled with her Tinkerbell umbrella.


"No, you can't hold the umbrella during dinner", said mommy.

Who said umbrellas aren't manly? Put a Buzz Lightyear on it and POW! Manly enough for Big Time.


He was more interested in trying to pull Buzz off the end of the handle than playing Mary Popins.

We discovered Swim Diapers (even the ones purchased at the swim lessons facility) are not Layla proof. After clearing the pool and embarrassing Kendra in front of the other moms, Layla is still excited to do the Monkey Crawl. That is where she shuffles along the edge of the pool by holding onto the sides. She asks about it daily and can't wait for Tuesday. Easton was so brave at swim lessons according to Kendra. His bottom lip was out in full pouty force, but he didn't shed a tear. What a tough guy...

Layla wanted to bring her naked barbie to the mailbox and wore the goofy Dora the Explorer hat.


By the time we started walking home I was WEARING the Dora hat and holding the naked Barbie because Layla wasn't interested in those things any more. Great timing for my neighbor to walk past... He laughed uncomfortably and I shrugged my shoulders. I'm a dad and she's a princess so I would be disappointed if we didn't get to experience those humorous moments occasionally.

Easton is getting really good at expressing himself through facial expressions. And more importantly he finally holds the silly faces long enough for me to snap pictures.



This work week only afforded me about 5 hours sleep per night and the twins are extra excited to see me each night because I come home so late. There's a silver lining to every cloud... even the cloud related to my need to work late instead of playing with Easton and Layla.

See you soon!

No comments: