Friday, May 28, 2010

Happy birthday to mommy

Happy Memorial Day weekend friends and family,

This weekend is very important for many reasons. We will celebrate Kendra's birthday! Feel free to give her a call or send an email with birthday wishes because she's really big into birthdays. I'm certain Easton and Layla will give her hugs and kisses, sing the birthday song, and eat cake. Last Saturday she celebrated by taking a day with April to get a massage, eat out, and relax by the resort pool all day. I mention that because it is important to keep in mind when considering my ho-hum plans for her big day tomorrow.

I'll get up with the dual alarm clocks and make them breakfast while she sleeps in. Maybe we'll even give breakfast in bed? Then we will meet our friends out for lunch. Dinner was a possibility, but on a holiday weekend things are crazy around here in restaurant land. It's as if every household in Arizona has a broken stove and must eat out.

After lunch I'll keep Layla from removing her diaper during lunch and get Easton his "new" water because the 2-hour-old water isn't good enough anymore. Mommy is going shopping at Express to buy some clothes with her half-off coupon.

Then we'll swim in the pool and do our best to keep the twin's teeth from chattering even though it will be 100 degrees outside.

The rest of the evening is up in the air, but I'm hoping to see the Lakers-Suns game... Maybe I'll have stored up enough credit in the birthday bank to take a break for the game? Go Lakers!

I was expecting to make a cake for Kendra as a long-time birthday wish of hers. However, she made cupcakes tonight and told me I could just put the frosting on top. I think she got cold feet with the thought of her birthday cake being on the line and in the hands of such a cooking novice like me. Can I just mention that earlier this week I cooked Mac-N-Cheese. I'm not talking about the microwave stuff either. I mean the kind that requires a PAN and BOILING WATER. Yep, my mad skills in the kitchen make Betty Crocker jealous...

I can't imagine why she would make her own birthday cupcakes?

Anyway, mommy is more attractive and more desirable to me every year, so bring on the birthdays!

See you soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday beautiful daughter! Dad and I couldn't be more proud to have you as a daughter. You have been an incredible blessing to us and we thank God for allowing us to have you in our life. Have a fun, blessed day Kendra!
Oma and Opa :)

Esther said...

I hope Kendra had a wonderful birthday! She is such a blessing to so many people! Happy Birthday Kendra!

Szolusha said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday yesterday.Thinking of you and the little ones!

Anonymous said...

Hope the birthday was so fabulous! So sweet that Trinity shares a birthday week with you, Kendra! I think it will be fun for her birthday to always begin the summer adventures. Have a super weekend and skype us soon. We'd love to share her with you! joanie