Saturday, May 1, 2010

SuperFood at Starbucks

Hi friends and family,

Not much time to post today or this weekend, but I at least want to share this picture of Easton and Layla sitting on the railroad tracks. The significance here is that for the first time, I said, "Look at the camera and smile!" and they actually did it. For 27 months I've been trying to get them to 1. look at the camera, 2. at the same time, and 3. smile.


The situation surprised me because the two of them both sat on the railroad tracks long enough for me to whip out my camera and snap the photo. Miracles never cease.

You might also notice they both have disturbingly colored stains all down the front of their shirts. That is what happens when daddy is in charge and the twins are given free reign over a bottle of SuperFood in Starbucks. I knew it was going to happen, but didn't really care because they have to learn how to drink from an open bottle some time. Easton let out a grunt when it poured down his shirt. When I placed the napkin over the front of his shirt Layla said (loudly), "There, that's better, Easton". I didn't realize the other Starbucks patrons were watching with such interest until I heard them all chuckle and squirt coffee out their nose after Layla's quick wit.

They are so much fun in public I'm considering renting them out to people who want to add a little excitement to their lives through the power of twins. I wish I could give all of our friends and family one whole day of adventures with Easton and Layla because they are so much fun.

See you soon!

No comments: