Thursday, November 19, 2009

keem cheesh

Howdy folks,

The twins and I spent the evening together so Kendra could have an evening out with her friends for dinner and a movie. Over the past few days I spent every spare second of my time outside of work doing a favor for my friend. He's a music producer who's studio depends 100% on his computer functioning. Well, the computer failed and he asked me to build him a new one. I love building systems so I was more than happy to fill a shopping cart full of computer parts and then work my magic to turn it into a monster computer.

Anyway, because of my willingness to help my friend Kendra didn't get me as the relief pitcher to close out the game each evening. We had a great time together this evening and I never knew cream cheese could be so much fun! Easton and Layla giggled at each other saying, "keem cheesh!"


I don't consider this as a successful snack time because all they did was lick the cream cheese off the crackers and then smash the crackers on the table.


Somehow I doubt Kendra would ever let this kind of situation occur, but when daddy's around I can only do my best and learn as I go. The only saving grace was bath time immediately followed the cream cheese incident.

The carpet in our house was cleaned today so half of the square footage was off limits for the twins as it dries. I loaded them up in the Chariot and walked to our neighborhood park just to have some interactive fun with them and work their wiggles out.

I occasionally put on their puppy leashes and the three of us walk to the mailbox. Based on the time required for that short stroll, I extrapolated that allowing them to walk with their puppy leashes to the park would take around 18 hours. Layla runs a zig-zag pattern like a large-mouthed bass on the end of a fishing pole. Easton stops to pick up every single pebble and leaf on the sidewalk. You can see how their different personalities make it nearly impossible to maintain a reasonable cadence.

The highlight of the park for Layla was swinging and doing pull-ups on the rail above the slide. She can do three full pull-ups with just a little assistance from me.


She is literally swinging back and forth out over the edge of the slide. And the whole time she's doing the pull-ups she repeatedly says, "Layla exercising, Layla exercising!" I wonder where she gets this stuff (duh).

Easton's highlight was grabbing big handfuls of the woodchips which cover the playground and throwing them down. I think he is imaging the bulldozer / excavator equipment we read about in his books.


The 4 Webbs are feverishly cleaning and preparing for the arrival of Kendra's parents and her friend Megan this weekend. We are expecting a fun-filled week of feeding giraffes at the zoo, eating turkey, and running around like monkeys. Hooray for vacation days and visitors!

See you soon.

No comments: