Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Ed Grimley?

Hello friends and family,

Life is going fairly smooth for the 4 Webbs. We are preparing for Kendra's parents to visit starting this Saturday! Easton's boo-boo is healing nicely thanks to copious amounts and frequent application of Neosporin. I'm considering buying stock in that company knowing what is in store for our usage of the product between now and the time Easton and Layla fine tune their coordination skills.

Our daily routines have shifted dramatically with the excellent outdoor conditions. I come home from work and take the twins outside to give Kendra time to cook dinner and unwind from the day's worth of baby-ness. We went to the backyard today for a chance and I brought out Easton's pretend lawnmower. Ever since I put batteries in it, they have taken a whole new enjoyment from pushing the chatty, noisy lawnmower around.


That is some high quality grass, eh? Thanks to our yard guy, Juan. That's not a derogatory term... Hi name really is Juan. Anyway, the mouth on the front of the mower opens and closes as the wheels go around. Easton thought he would be helpful by force-feeding grass into the lawn mower's mouth.


Easton looks suspiciously like Martin Short playing Edward Mayhoff 'Ed' Grimley in this next picture.


You decide:



Whether he looks like Ed Grimley or not, he is certainly making huge leaps in his speech and balance. He hasn't yet moved fully into using sentences consistently, but he is getting his past, present, and future tenses down fairly well. "I hear choo choo coming" is his most common phrase. At least that's the one I hear most often because I'm around in the mornings as they go by.

Layla is singing frequently on her own random desires. We don't even have to ask her to sing much anymore like we used to. She just breaks out into song occasionally. Today she sang Nana's home-grown song about herself, "I love my sweetie Layla, I do I do I do..." and she sings right on key!

I did get one good picture of her in the past couple of days as we were playing super hero with Easton.


Simply drape a blanket over their shoulders and start shouting superhero slogans. Viola! playtime gets very exciting and daring.

Time to help clean the house! See you soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that Big E is starting to heal. Those kind of wounds hurt the mommies and daddies just as much as the babies. Believe me, I can start listing our boys' falls and scrapes....yeeouch!!!
Hope you have a marvelous Thanksgiving together. Wish we could share some pie with you.
big love,joanie