Friday, November 13, 2009

date night

Hay!

Our sweet neighbor, Marsha, offered to watch the twins tonight and send us out on a date. Marsha said they did lots of playing and read 7 books before bedtime. She did a great job of taking care of our babies, i mean toddlers...


Kendra put on her goin' out clothes and looked gorgeous as always. I felt so special because she dressed up just for me on our night out as opposed to the times when she dresses up to meet out other friends. Doesn't she look amazing?


We started the evening enjoying our favorite meal: sushi.


The oddest part of the night was how spontaneous we were. As we sat eating a snow cone she received a text from her friend inviting us to meet them for coffee. We walked out the door, jumped in the car and vrooooom! off we went. With babies, that takes 10 minutes to deliberate, 10 minutes to leave the establishment, and 10 minutes to load the car. What a difference it is to only be responsible for the two of us...

On our way through the parking lot of the local mall I emphatically said to Kendra, "Hay!" and she stops in her tracks and turns to me saying, "what's wrong?" and I point to the bale of hay in some random guy's pickup.


She laughed. I'm glad she still thinks my humor is funny.

Good night.

No comments: