Tuesday, November 10, 2009

band-aids

Howdy folks,

I'm in the middle of simplifying my life so my apologies for the shorter-than-usual post. I say "simplifying" while rolling my eyes because it is borderline absurd how dependent we are on technology these days. The short answer is that I'm replacing our Blu-Ray player with a Sony PS3.

I have no interesting in gaming, but the idea of streaming video, music, and pictures from my PC to my TV is just too inviting. I'm tired of burning these forms of media onto discs and managing burned DVDs laying around everywhere. The only way to fully control (on demand) what we watch and listen to, including the ability to avoid commercials, is to stream the data wirelessly to our living room from my PC. Now we get Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Phil Wickham whenever we choose. Also, we can sit in the living room to "look... at... pictures?" to accommodate little miss Layla's desires.

The most interesting part of this picture is seeing the twins sitting like grown ups at a table. It doesn't seem possible they are big enough or old enough to do those kinds of things. Easton has the Elmo band-aid on his arm covering his pretend boo-boo. Nothing wrong with arm, he just wanted to be like Layla who has band-aids of her own. Marisue was kind enough to help herd the twins at the park Sunday as Scott and I played bocce ball.


Layla has blisters on her heels and the band-aids only stayed on for a short time. We're not sure if she simply ran so fast her shoes melted to her feet or if they are just new and need to be worn in. Either way, she milked the boo-boo for all it's worth by telling everyone she could about the pains.


Her attitude is doing much better lately. From the looks of her puffy gums and smile she appears to be teething, but that statement is never anything more than an educated guess. Look at that sweet smile!


She's transforming into a beautiful little girl right before my eyes. I see more changes in the twins each day than in my freshly fertilized yard blossoming with winter grass.

and to respond to Marisue's comment on an earlier post about photoshopping... That picture of Layla where it looks like she has no left leg is not photoshopped at all. The reason it looks like that is because she is running and her leg is just behind her. What I found is that if I want a decent picture of Layla I must pan the camera with Layla as an "action" shot otherwise she is just a blur. Kind of like those guys who capture race cars as they go by. vroooom! Go Layla.

Bye bye.

No comments: